• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tundra Swans

FishHawk11

yea we have thousands of them here in Monticello. they are a sight to see when big groups start flying around the area. it is also nice to see eagles coming back to this area too. they wouldn't be here if we didn't have the Nuke plant in town. the water in the river runs 50 to 60 degrees all winter. you also see a lot of geese and ducks during the winter.

those would be trumpeter swans. I work in monti, and the managers at work hate all the trumpeters here, as they fly into power lines causing power outages, which is a problem for a machine shop. grin

luckily it was only one that hit the power line. the other good thing is that the power outage only effected part of the town.

I heard the plant shut down for some unknown reason. is it going again? some fish croaked. bummer ! took pics of the swans down there a couple years ago. beautiful in flight

I never heard anything about the plant going down. I will have to drive over to the river and check it out.

It is good to see more of the swans here in MN.

As far as the swans hitting powerlines, that's not good.

Maybe someones new great idea will be a way to keep the swans away from the lines without hurting them!

I really enjoy hearing them call to one another.

It is good to see more of the swans here in MN.

As far as the swans hitting powerlines, that's not good.

Maybe someones new great idea will be a way to keep the swans away from the lines without hurting them!

I really enjoy hearing them call to one another.

Take the lines down and use Windmills! Um, no wait! eek