• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Failed search for pickled northern help

jvm1

The recipe that I posted with the white wine in it.

This recipe is what I use and two weeks ago I made a batch and I did not have the white wine so I used the same ingredients, but Instead of wine I used 4 cups vinegar and 4 cups sugar

full-15313-41841-09_10_201310;56;50pm.jp

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3171787/Pickled_northern#Post3171787

This is the recipe I use....

Gordies taught me to throw all my y bone strip in the pickle pot... works great.

Quote:
The Silver Satin pickling fish recipe.

Brine: ½ cup salt (Not iodized) to 1 quart water. Place fillets of fish in crock with brine for 24hrs. Cut fillets into squares approximately one inch by one inch. Cover completely. Drain brine after 24 hours. Cover with white vinegar for 12 hours. Drain off vinegar and throw away. Pack fish in jars and add raw onion slices alternating layers. Add enough pickling solution to cover fish and then cover the jars

Pickling Solution: 4 cups white vinegar, 3 cups sugar, 1 cup silver satin wine or yellowtail, 2 raw onions, sliced fine, ¼ cup pickling spice

Method: Dissolve sugar in white vinegar. Heat, then cool. (Do not boil) Add silver satin, onion s and pickling spice. Bring to a boil then cool.