• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Moving a gun safe

Big job

I ran mine down on a appliance dolly, one guy on the dolly (big guy)

Then I ran a sling under the safe and looped up the stairs to 3 guys on each side of the rope, so they took the brunt of the load.

I may have had a guy or two in front of the safe coming down the stairs too.

I had like 8 or 9 guys

Be safe....pardon the pun!

Don't know that I am cool with a couple guys in front of the safe going down the stairs. If one on the top side were to have any issue's, the guy's on the bottom could have serious issues.

I believe I am going to find a gun safe mover that is insured to be as safe as possible.

Kid had 4 big guys to move it down and they thought that would not work safely.

It well could work the way you did it Wensel but I am afraid of what could happen if one of the guy's had issues as it went down the stairs.

I have one of the biggest safes made and recently moved. Manny's piano movers delivered it the first time and moved it for me. All I had to do was write the check and follow their instructions to stay out of the way. They did a professional job, no marks on walls, scuffs, dinged doorways, or anything, and they put it right where I wanted it. Worth every penny to use experienced pros.

My son and I moved my safe upstairs. The door to his room is at the top of the stairs so I bolted a boat winch to a 2X8, took the handle off the winch so we could use a socket and ratchet, set the board and winch in the doorway, and up we went. It went extremely smooth and I wouldn't hesitate to take it down the same way.

I have one of the biggest safes made and recently moved. Manny's piano movers delivered it the first time and moved it for me. All I had to do was write the check and follow their instructions to stay out of the way. They did a professional job, no marks on walls, scuffs, dinged doorways, or anything, and they put it right where I wanted it. Worth every penny to use experienced pros.

Best advise I have seen and the stay out of the way is a must when it comes to those guys.