• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Legal Argo Use MN?

charliepete

All-terrain vehicles (ATVs):

"Class 1 ATVs are motorized flotation-tired vehicles with at least three but no more than six low pressure tires that have an engine displacement of less than 1000 cubic centimeters and total dry weight of

less than 1000 pounds."

Does that help?

Registered as an ATV, be sure to take note of the regulations pertaining to an ATV and waterways.

In order to use it on public waterways, I'm guessing it would need a watercraft registration as well and may only enter the lake where it's legal to do so. Laws are changing all the time and there's nothing definitive in the regulations that I've seen that pertain to an ARGO.

Best bet is to call the local CO in the area you plan to use it in the water and get their take on it. They are the ones who'd be issuing a citation if your ducks aren't in a row.

Depends on who you talk to! If you have a six wheel argo it can be registered as an ATV class one. If you have an eight wheel argo it gets muddy. I have mine registerd as an ATV two. It can be hard to find a registrar for the state that knows what you have. I had a registrar tell me I needed to register it as an OHV! Don't fall for that! I have had an eight wheeler for 20+ years. Originally was told I could register it as a ATV 1 (It is under 1000cc and under 1000 lbs was my arguement), but now I am forced to reg as an ATV 2.(More than 6 wheels) Needs to have a boat license to be on the water, either 6 or 8 wheels!

In 20 years of ownership I've never been checked by the DNR. Not that I haven't had chances. Was running on Mille Lacs ice fishing with two buddys who were on wheelers. We all got stopped, they had to produce registration. They made small talk to me, but never asked to see my registration. Another time we were with a CO who had come to invetigate a car that had run into a heave. The car was totally surrounded by water. He was so glad that I could drive right up to them to get them out of the car that he never asked about registration. I've question CO's at the state fair and they came right out and said they don't know how to classify them.

Get it registered , get a copy of the ATV rules, and read them. If you follow you will not have any problems. Good riding

All-terrain vehicles (ATVs):

"Class 1 ATVs are motorized flotation-tired vehicles with at least three but no more than six low pressure tires that have an engine displacement of less than 1000 cubic centimeters and total dry weight of

less than 1000 pounds."

Does that help?

Well it would if you don't have the 8 wheel Argo. Then what? confused

I have looked at these for years to use with tracks for ice fishing. But then what do I do with it the rest of the year? Kind of a lot of cost for one season.