• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New toy's from Santa

mwal

I must of been very good this year. I got a Quickfish III to replace my Clam Summit Thermal and a Fish's Sporting Toy's Ice Saw. Can't wait for Saturday. I bought a Dillo spear By Moening and A Decoy from his brother for my Birthday at the Ice show. So far all it has attracted is a 20lb+ Tiger. Maybe Sat I will try a different lake with more Pike and break everything in.

Mwal

Yes, I plan to throw some of those foam mats that link together on the ice like i did in the clam. The quickfish is way darker than the insulated clam. The clam has no black interior and thousands of pinholes where the insulating layer is heat welded to outer layer each one is a pin of light. I may make the floor Laska shared with the group but the mats are more portable as I walk to most of my spots. I don't like driving 7.3 Super Duty on a lake. I will use my 10 inch power auger and saw between although I may just drill one hole and saw the first time to see how it work with a foot of ice.

Mwal

Well The Quickfish is a huge improvement over the Clam Thermal. I am very glad I got it. I am still kicking myself for not trying a saw years ago. People Fish's saw is a must have item it is as important as your house or spear. My next acquisition will be to scrounge up some tongs. Unfortunately the pike did not cooperate. I saw 2 little guys and some monster dogfish. They really like the spinner on the Duey's decoy they kept pushing it around with a closed mouth. I highly recommend the Quickfish 3 for a portable and Fish's Ice saw.

Mwal