• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Has anyone experienced the new .17 WSM?

Not me.

I prefer the center fire .17's and don't really see a need for another rimfire offering in that caliber.

I got burned on a WSSM gun that never gained a following and finally was discontinued and then followed that up with a. 17 fireball gun that also got discontinued but at least the brass is easy to form if it ever gets discontinued.

I would stick with what has been around and gotten established.

I haven't shot a WSM yet but my friend shoots a HMR and has killed a lot of coyotes. He tends to shoot the closer dogs and I reach out with the 22-250. Is far as a rifle for your son dcraven, I really do love my rifle but can be tough finding ammo sometimes depending on how picky you are. When we were out in Wyoming shooting prairie dogs I sure wish I had a .223 when I ran out of ammo and couldn't find any in town.

bought a wsm this fall.had it on order wanted a low serial #.could not get smaller than 3-4 inch 100 yd group.seemed to favor vertical stringing.bolt interfered with me getting my finger on the trigger and would not eject last shell.returned for service, now 100yd group a litte better?rifle with my ammo,now that i did all that i believe it is the ammo at fault,they test fired new rifle and there group was much better.they listed the ammo they shot and it is different than what i can get.so now i have amuch higher serial #in the30,000 befoe it was like 1800.so it seems the rifle will be very dependant on the ammo you can buy.

I hadn't heard anything about this round until I read your post. So I started looking around the net. No one is talking. Most say things like, I'm heading out this weekend to see what it will do, then fail to post results.

If you want a .17 cal at 3600fps I would look at a CZ 527 American in .17 Hornet. A nice mini Mauser.