• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Google Glass?

Anyone using one of these devices? I gave Google my info an hit the submit button to apply for their Explorer program. Apparently you have to "qualify" to buy one at this point. In any case, got a message a week later saying I was accepted and had 7 days to agree and make the purchase. I went to the purchasing site and they wanted $1,500 for the base device and by the time you were done with chargers and what not you’d more likely be looking at $1,700-$1,800 I think. Geez. Think I’ll wait on that one but for some it might be worth the investment. So anyway, anyone using them? What are your thoughts if so?

If it works well, expect to see competition and those prices will drop substantially. I would wait a year or two, and you will get a much better version of the product for a LOT less money!

It would be like buying the first color TV to hit the market, except now technology improves at a much more rapid rate so a little patience will really help.

Google glass seems like it's custom tailored for the D-bag crowd. I played with my D-bag buddies GG just a second ago. Cool, sure. Gimmicky? Mos def. Look mom, I'm checking my email with no hands! I can see how they would be cool for surgeons or some other sort of professional on the job, but in reality it seems like a toy for D bags. Video is obviously a parody, but....

It's just a matter of time before thoughtcrime becomes a reality in the states.

Now this is downright hilarious. A couple years ago I was at my sons speech tournament and one of the competitors did a Creative Expression script (wrote it himself) on "Thoughtvertising". A new technology where people would have a chip implanted and every so often your brain would experience a thought/advertisement. You couldn't escape it. TV, radio, your brain. You were subjected to advertisements constantly.