• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Losing your dog

Chipes

I put my yellow lab down today. He couldn't get up anymore. I'd been waiting for the day for months. Losing anything you love isn't easy, but as a hunter I'm biased to the hunter/dog relationship. I have a great family, a wife and two young kids. Somehow my house seems pretty empty without him laying in the corner.

Just a post for all you lab lovers out there. Enjoy yours, I miss mine. I never had an argument with my dog. I was always right. Which of course is completely wrong. He was always right there for me. Man's best friend is spot on.

My mother in law called him annoying. I'd like to think what he thought of her.

Good luck in the field.

Tough deal Chipes....Sorry for your loss. Been there, done that.

When you heal and the time is right, research litters and get another one. Nothing like a good lab in the house...and to have a good dog for the family too...and to get out in the field or duck blind to create more memories.

Have been through it more than a dozen times and it seems to get harder with passing years. But we still have them all in a special part of our memory and we bring them out some evenings while sitting on the front deck and try to imagine what it would be like to have them all with us again at the same time. What a wonderful moment that would be!!

Lost my Annie-who was as close to me as dog can get-to cancer last summer.Now Abby is here and she is different in many ways and the same in many ways.

They get right into your soul. You are not alone in your pain....we are all with you.