• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

weather

northspear

what are people thinking of with this snow and cold weather snap. Looked at the ten day and same cold cold and more cold. Is this changing the way people are hunting. Or are you still going at it like any other season? As far as food patterns and such. I was in the stand today and thought about ice fishing lol.

I personally like the colder weather for hunting. It seems to get the deer moving and on their feet earlier in the evening and they spend more time in the fields feeding. I shot my biggest buck the hour before a snow storm as well. The cold and snow are a welcome sign during season after the last few years of warm weather.

I think it is almost ideal conditions. IMO it is just right. Lows in the mid 20's, highs in the upper 30's, overcast skys, light snow. Just about perfect. Although I could do without the high winds. I just dress a little bit warmer, awesome time to be out in the woods!

And new moon is falling on prime time!! I think that's a big one when it comes to seeing daytime activity.

This year is shaping up to be a GREAT couple weeks for bowhunters and the best chance youre gonna have at a good buck.

As far as im concerned, after today its Oct. 25... IT IS OFFICIALY ON!!!

Couldn't agree more. Looked at the forecast and I just started to drool. Came to work and put in vacation for 3 days next week! Bucks are just starting to come into the seek and chase phase of the rut, cold will get them into the fields a lil bit earlier, does are going to start smelling sweet soon and the bucks will be looking. It a deer hunters version of the perfect storm.

Put an extra layer on, cinch up the pack boots and hit the stand!!!!

I agree, deer are coming to the food source earlier. Had a little buck chasing does around the plot last night. The time is getting near (if not here) and the later gun season is great for some November bow hunting. The next two weeks is going to be fun to be in the woods. I might also add,,, be ready as things can happen fast this time of year.

Supposed to be really windy this weekend. That'll put a damper on movements.

Even though it may be windy the deer will still move. Deep in the woods or out of the wind field edges are good spots. The high winds sometimes cause the deer to congregate in such places.