• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

should I buy this sled?

Dahitman44

I know a gal that is selling a 2005 polaris xc sp 500 for $3,500. It seems a little high compared to the book value, but it only has 325 miles on it and it looks mint out of the box.

It would be for my 13-year-old son. Any ideas on that sled in general, the miles or the price?

Thanks!

Hitman

Im don't know much about that machine but I think they were OK. Price sounds a little high but this is prime time to sell a sled and you can expect to pay a little more now. I always say a cherry is always worth a little more and how many 95s are you going to find with 325 miles on them. Closer to 3K would be better if possible and depends if it has any extras like cover or extra belt etc. I would rather spend a little more on a sled that doesn't need any work rather than buy one for less and have to buy parts and work on it. You will know what I mean if you have priced snowmobile parts lately!!

Great sled! Price is way to HIGH! with only 325 miles just imagine how long it has sat the last 8 years. Things that use gas need to be driven and moved I'm guessing it will need to maintained before it was started. Look on c list and the bay of e. If there are any on there for the same price you'll know there still asking to much.

Don't know about price, but my 02 xc500 is really a great running sled, and pretty darn fast, even with a fat guy on it. My wife is scardy-cat of it wink

Only prob I have had is the high beam button, new assembly $70 and did it myself easy. About 2600+ miles on mine. 93 mph on the speedo with fat guy...

$3500 really isn't that far off for a sled of that age, with that few miles, and in mint condition. Maybe a little high, but not bad. Offer them $2500, and settle just under $3000, and you'll get yourself a good deal.

7 years isn't that long for a machine to sit. That's actually a reasonably new sled, with extremely low miles. I wouldn't hesitate if you can get it at or near $3K.