• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My little lund project...

Eric_Kruger

Anyone else remodeling their boats? I picked up a little lund that was in pretty bad shape a few months back and started tinkering. I needed dry storage and somewhere to store a battery and tackle up front to get the nose down in the wind.

(all foam is being replaced from inside the bench in the next week with side box's that will be all foam. I know i need to replace it to keep the float capabilities back to factory...)

Started here....

IMG_1765_zpsccba0e88.jpg

Finished product...

1396835_10151623176136920_1274490245_o_z

12 or 14 foot? I would remove the middle bench if you havent already and put storage up the sides if you need more and a regular removable seat/post in the middle. Thats what I did with my old lund 14. With those old lunds, they really feel more opened up when you do that. Kept the floatation under the front and rear bench, didnt have any problems. Sold it to my brother in law about 5 years ago and he loves it. Flotation isnt a problem and he isn't a small guy, 6 4, 265.

This is a 14 footer. I did remove the middle bench as well as gluvit the seams and rivets, I had two that were weaping, so I figured I would just do the whole works. Once I get the side box's done, I'm planning on re finishing the outside. I hear one of the big body shops on TV will do a small boat for a few hundred bucks, after stripping the inside, I really don't feel like doing the outside alone! Lol

Have any of you had to replace the transom on one of those 14' Lunds? I have one that has the small splash pan across the back and the transom is rotten. If you could give me any tips before I dig in to save me time I would appreciate it. And, what type material would you replace it with? Just marine grade plywood? Coated with something, or just plain. Appreciate any heads up you can give me