• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV trailer

DANR

Looking for some help here. I recently used a homemade trailer to pull our 2 ATVs. It was approx. 4ft8in x 13.5ft. I liked the way it pulled and backed, being long and narrow.
What I would like to find is an aluminum frame/treated plywood flat bed about that size. Any manufacturers/websites would be appreciated.

Triton Trailers makes many different models of aluminum trailers. Just do a "Google" search and you find them.

If I were in the market for a new trailer, I don't think I'd want aluminum. They don't seem to last as long as their steel framed counterparts. Furthermore, if you're looking at aluminum to avoid rust and corrosion, I'd instead consider a galvanized steel model.

DanR, aluminum is always going to outlast steal. Take a look at Aluma trailers. The aluminum trailers don't rust thus they won't rust out like the steel trailers, plus they look a lot better. You might get some corrosion on them over a long period of time, but to clean them up all you have to do is take it and give it an acid bath. The one's truckers use to clean certain types of rigs. After the acid bath your aluminum trailer will look better than new. There's a reason Aluminum trailers are more expensive than steel. They Last forever! Do your self a favor and spend a few extra bucks on the Aluminum trailer, you won't be sorry.

Just my 2 cents.

[No unauthorized links, please.]

[This message has been edited by Ray Esboldt (edited 07-23-2003).]

DanR, I guess I can't give you the link that you requested. But if you go to Google and do a search for Aluma Trailers it will bring you up the HSOforum I tried to give you. Good luck.

if you want a good trailor look at a North Country Metals they are based in Grantsburg Wisconsin he is fairly resonable in price and they are very well built. you pay for what you get. I own one 2 place snowmoblie trailor that was made by them and I love it

Thats just my 2 cents
Big Fish Hunter247

[This message has been edited by Big Fish Hunter247 (edited 07-29-2003).]

I second the Aluma trailers. My dad got one this spring and the trailer just great. 80 down the interstate no problem. They are all aluminum even the bed of the trailer there is no wood bed on this type which was one of the things that I liked about them. Plus they have a variety of size to choice from.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

I second the Aluma trailers. My dad got one this spring and the trailer just great. 80 down the interstate no problem. They are all aluminum even the bed of the trailer there is no wood bed on this type which was one of the things that I liked about them. Plus they have a variety of size to choice from.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes