• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

October 1st Northern Lights Display over the Valley

A person in our camera club posted on a blog about the Northern Lights so I grabbed my gear and out the door I went, Oh ya and it was 1:30Am and I was on way to bed. Instead I was out in the cold till almost 4am snapping pics of one of the brightest shows I have seen in years. They were so thick it was hard to get a really decent image because all I would get is a big blob of green, in one image so I would reduce my exposure time, and the next image would be black because it would change so fast. I would however way I ended up with over 100 quality images. I might head out tonight again.

152686198.jpg

152686197.jpg

152686196.jpg

152686195.jpg

I am on my annual fishing trip to Rainy Lake, and the display up here was phenomenal! I was shooting until 1 am but after fishing 10 hours had to get some sleep! I ended up with number of really nice shots as well. I know what you mean on the blobs, the lights were moving like lightening! The wolves started howling very close to where I was shooting adding to the experience! I will post a few when I get home. Great job Paul!

One thing that really sucks around here is that everything is so flat, so I really have nothing to include in the images other than corn and powerpoles. lol.

I feel your pain. frown That is the reason I didn't hang onto my ultra wide angle lens. I just couldn't find much of a use for it in the prairie land. You just gotta do what you can with what you have.