• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Talk about bad luck

harvey lee

Decided to go to the woods and see if I could whack a deer.

Got to my stnad and decided to change the card in my trail camera. Looked down 3 trails and no deer so I changed it and walked back 20 yards to my stand. Put the clip for the rope to pull the bow up and looked back and here stands 2 doe's approx 18 yards away by my camers looking at me. They were not sure what I was but walked away.

Nothing came by until 7:15 and I see a ok 8 pointer come out of the woods and walking down the edge towards me to the main trail. It's now approx 30 yards or so away so I stand up and I am ready.

The buck comes another 5 yards so I draw back and I am in position to drop this buck. It comes another few steps and I get my pin on the buck and all of a sudden it blasts out of there. I thought it could not have scented me as the wind was in my favor and no way it could have seen me stand as there was plenty of tree limb cover to cover my move. About the time I think what happened, a black lab comes out of the woods mach 1 after the buck.

I could not win last night but it sure was a beautiful evening the the stand.

Bight side is, I get to go and spend more time in the tree. Some trips to the woods it is simply not meant to be.

Woof! Woof!

grin

I thought you said you were going to stay out of the woods until it got colder!?! Didn't take you long to change your mind after this past weekend.

At least you had an entertaining night in the stand.

Good luck next time.

Are you sure it wasn't pesty phone calls that messed you up? blush

Yes, it sounds like that was one that simply wasn't meant to be. Deer chasing dogs are a pet peeve of mine. There are several ways to deal with them- I hope you can get it dealt with so the deer don't get harassed more.

Hopefully next time he'll stroll by without a dog in tow! Good luck!

Woof! Woof!

grin

I thought you said you were going to stay out of the woods until it got colder!?! Didn't take you long to change your mind after this past weekend.

At least you had an entertaining night in the stand.

Good luck next time.

Yep, I was going to wait but with the last few nights, I figured I could hang a skun deer and would be ok till the next morning.

I know how to take care of stray dogs chasing deer.

No big deal on the call Scoot, I got 4 in the stand last night. I had my phone on mute but I could feel the vibrating in my shirt pocket. Didn't want to miss your call.

Thanks for the trip out to the ranch yesterday. It helps me out alot for the hunt. Maybe my hunter can whack the larger buck that you saw on the camera, time will tell.

sometimes the memories of the goofy trips last longer than the other ones. It's all about making memories and having stories to tell.

The lab is probably telling his buddies what happened to him. "I was running my route I've run all Summer and suddenly some human is infringing on my spot!"