• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Forwarding from Outlook Express to gmail

I'm trying out a computer fax program to send all incoming faxes to my email, however It uses Outlook Express for an email client. Basically the fax program sends the file into outlook express and I want them to forward automatically into my gmail from there.

I never use Outlook express and use gmail exclusively. Is there a way to have my email faxes in Outlook Express automatically forwarded from Outlook Express to gmail?

What is happening, exactly? Outlook express is an obsolete email client. Do you mean they have a server that you access with outlook express or some other?

Found this...

How to use rules in Outlook and Outlook Express to forward email.

In Outlook Express (6)

1.Click on the Tools menu and select Options.

2. In options select the Send tab.

3. Make sure the settings for Mail Sending Format has the Plain Text radio button selected.

4.Then click thePlain Text Settings button.

5.Leave the Message format on “MIME”.

6. Uncheck the box at the bottom that says “Indent the original text with...”.

7.Click OK.

8.Now click on the Signatures tab.

9.Make sure if you have a signature(s) listed that

the box labeled “Don’t add signatures to Replies and Forwards” is checked. Then click OK.

10. Click on the Tools menu and select

Message Rules, and then select Mail.

11. Click on the Mail Rules tab.

12. Click the New Button.

13. In the area labeled

1. Select the Conditions for your rule:

Select the box next to Where the Subject line contains specific words

(in this example we will use the

subject but you could use account or

email address if desired).

14. Then in the area labeled

2. Select the Actions for your rule:

Select the box next to Forward it to people.

15. In the area labeled

3. Rule Description...

click on the blue link that says “contains

specific words” then type your member code in the box and click on the

Add Button

and then click OK.

16. Then in the same area click on the blue link that says

“people”, then type in the

email address of where you want the email toautomatically forward to and then click OK.

17. Click OK.

18.Click OK.

Thunderbird has extensions to do what you want and will replace outlook express.

Just search for mail forwarding thunderbird to see some of the extensions.

To make that happen you will first need to configure Outlook Express with an valid email account. It needs an account to work with. You could most likely use your Gmail account or create a rule to forward the email to your Gmail or back to your Gmail account.

Another thought what version of windows? I am not sure if Outlook Express is even available on Windows 7.

I'm trying out a computer fax program to send all incoming faxes to my email, however It uses Outlook Express for an email client. Basically the fax program sends the file into outlook express and I want them to forward automatically into my gmail from there.

I never use Outlook express and use gmail exclusively. Is there a way to have my email faxes in Outlook Express automatically forwarded from Outlook Express to gmail?

I looked at the software. So you have a fax modem on a phone line to receive incoming faxes? And want this software to take the fax, convert it to an email and send it to your gmail account?

Why do you need to do that, since the faxes are on your computer already? What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

I think the issue is with Outlook Express. I'm going to check the settings. I'm using the same email address for it and gmail. I think that might be an issue and I'm going to try having Outlook Express use one of my other email accounts instead. I will report back.

Still having issues.

First of all, it looks like I need to give permission every time. I want it to be automatic.

I get the following message:

"A program is attempting to send the following email message on your behalf"

Also, I must have some settings wrong because it does not go through.

full-1166-36729-fax2.jpg