• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tree limb saw

harvey lee

I have a long pole that I use to trim limbs in a tree when archery hunting but it is a pain to haul in and out of the woods as it is 8ft long.

I saw on a few hunting shows this Hooyman saw and thought it looked like it worked pretty good and when it is in it's compact setting, it is only 28" long.

It's made of aircraft alum for the pole extensions.

I put it together today and went out in the woods to try it our. It works as nice as they promoted it to work. Only weighs like 4 pounds and easy to transport on ones shoulder with the carrying strap.

The folding blade end removes from the pole so one can also use the folding blade for the lower limbs one wants to trim.

This saw worked great this am and it very light, best tree limb saw I have seen to date.

I had a $30 off coupon for this so the final price shipped to me was $57.00.

Check it out if you are in need of a nice pole saw.

I read some reviews that were not very good but that was a bit ago before they changed the material in the saw.

It extends to 10ft so with me holding it shoulder high, I could cut limbs down up to 16ft or so. It is so compact and easy to use, I could take it up the tree with me if needed and cut limbs on the next tree to me if needed.

I checked out thier expandable tree saw and yes, it looked very nice but I questioned it was another $60 nicer than the one I purchased.

I guess I will never know.

It looks very similar to the one I purchased and seems to be about the same weigh and packs down about the same size. Sure that saw would work very well.

They both beat the long pole saws as one can transport them so easy.

Nice mid-sized option. That sounds a lot better than carrying the long pole and how often do you need more than 10 feet anyway?

I have a smaller pruner kit that I can carry in my backpack. It extends to about 5 feet and comes in a case with the screw on saw blade and a draw string pruner. It's great for the mobile hunter and has handled most of my trimming needs - not all - but most.

Hooyman works great for me when I know I'm hanging and hunting that day. hang the stand then cut what needs to be cut only. I use the pole saw when setting stands and cutting from the ground but can you the hooyman when you don't need to swing that huge pole around up in the the tree.