• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Archery bear hunt?

Scoot

Lindell- congrats on a fine trophy!

Sniper, I will put together a story with pics, but I have no chance right now. It takes me a fair bit of time and effort to put them together and I just don't have the time to do it in the next few days.

My report is this: had a bear coming in on opening day, but he got downwind of us and left in a hurry- sounded like a freight train plowing through the woods. He (or she) probably was about 60 or 80 yards when he winded us and left. I sat the next night and didn't see squat. I hear something coming in very slowly and reluctantly in the last 10 minutes of shooting light, but was disappointed to see three racoons stick their heads out into my shooting lane. So that's it- no big report from me. I'm not sure when I'll sit next, but I hope to get out there ASAP. This weekend looks tough- my wife is leaving for the Cities and I'll have the kids with me. I may try do a short sit one evening with both kids- we'll see...

Time for a ground-blind attack

Good idea, Stick! If the wind is from the West I'll be fine with both of them in a treestand. If it's Easterly, like it has been a lot lately, I'd be much better off in a groundblind.

Do I have to brush in a blind if it's new to the scene for bear like I would for deer? Or, is it more like turkey where I don't need to worry much about it and the bear won't care?