• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

115 yamaha 4 stroke issues

bonehead99

Twice I have had issues with injectors plugging and one or more cylinders quit. I had all 4 injectors cleaned last year and this weekend the motor lost power I suspect it may be the same issue. Unfortunately on LOTW and the 9.9 is not as fast as the 115. Anyone else have this issue and what did you do to remedy. Thanks.

I second the external fuel filter/water separator. My Yami 115 4 strk started bogging a bit after I had purchased it. I ended up adding an external 10 micron Yamaha filter/water separator and it ran great after that. I just changed the screw on filter every year.

You definitely should get one installed!

Sorry, I dont have any pics handy, but I could take some tonight if I remember. By description mine is in the battery compartment for the starting battery for the outboard.

I have seen some guys have them mounted right in the open, but I dont like the look of that. Mine came rigged this way from the dealer. The beauty of the one I have is that should I buy a kicker I can just hook up the fuel line to it and not have to do any other work since there are additional ports on it.

That's kind of where I was thinking about putting it...that is where my on board charger is also, want to be able to get at everything easily if I have to ya know? I bought the filter 4 years ago and never put it on...last year redid all the injectors and I'm now convinced the thing never ran right from the day I bought it. I was getting about 38-40mph which I thought was pretty good, now I'm closer to 46-47 (150hp) with two people. I want to keep the performance up.

Boat is 17.5 Fishhawk. Filter/separator is in the stern, starboard side, in the small compartment, just like the starting battery compartment on other side. Neat, out of way, easy to get at. Change filter cartridge every spring.

The 115 Yammy has a reputation of chocking and gagging and spitting up and it is always fuel and injector related. The sparkling clean fuel that comes through the filter makes like easier. The Yamaha folks strongly reccomend the filer and they should know their engines better than anybody.

In my 02' Sportfish I mounted it in the rear center compartment, on the starboard side under where the seat post hole is located and in front of the livewell. I had batteries in the center compartment, so this was out of the way but I had to pull the batteries to change the filter.

I installed an external spin on water separator/10 micron filter too (on F75). Mounted in my 16' Lund inside the stern compartment in the bilge area. A little more difficult to access for filter changes, but completely hidden.

Add stabilizer to EVERY batch of fuel, and double up Stabil in Fall fill up. Change fuel filter every spring and keep those Yammies runnin.