• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

01 chev p/u 1500 silverodo heater, wipers, gauges, and radio goes on and off.

Jeremy/ It is a single wire that looks like it is got a 5/16 nut holding it to the floor. It would be on the bottom of the floor board about right where your left foot would sit if normal driving. It only has about 8" of wire on it and cant see where it could have possibly been plugged into. Think i should tear up the coating on the floor and do some in depth looking? Up the left kick panel below the dash board at the back of the fire wall is a box( splice pack with about 8 wires held into it with a blue clip), that I believe said Delchi 1-6m 12( if my memory serves me correctly). I took off the heat vent etc all along the left side and the plastic panel that runs runs from the dash up along the window to get to the 10mm. bolt that held it on. Took it off and inspected it and looked like a nick in one of the black wires going into the grounded box. Put a splice on it and heat shrink and sanded the conection down and put elect. grease and all the plug ends and bolted it back together and still the same.Do you know off hand what that wire would be for Jeremy ?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeremy. I have to rephrase it. Do you know what that black wire on the floor would be to or where it could possibly be from? I know its a shot in the dark when not looking at it but? Thanks 57

Thanks everyone who helped on the forum. You especially Jeremy. I tried to get it figured out but none the less I finally broke down and brought it to the chevy dealer. After 7 hours? and a 465.00 bill for labor only they found 3 broken wires under the fuse junction box out under the hood. Who'd have ever known I guess. Pumped up but bumbed out!! LOL,, Thanks again everyone!!!! X57X