• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Terrova VS V2

Gardiner14

I don't have the terrova, but I do have the V2. My understanding is that at the 55 lb thrust power there is no difference other than the ability to have the foot pedal with i-pilot with the terrova. So I guess it depends on how you fish with it. If you NEED the foot pedal than yes, it would be worth it, but it works slick with the remote. People keep saying that they need it for casting, but I don't know, I've never needed the foot pedal. The advanced auto-pilot with the i-pilot keeps you going very straight when needed, just adjust every 3-4 casts.

If you already have the V2 I believe you would just need to buy the i-pilot head for the unit...($450) instead of a whole new trolling motor

I just tried out my new 70 lb. thrust v-2 with I-Pilot and it's nice but I am still not convinced it was worth the extra money. I too had a 55 lb. like you and it pretty much did everything I wanted it to do. The new electric may change the way I fish a little but I won't know until I get some more time using it.

I didn't buy the 80 Terrova partially because of the cost. I am not cheap but conservative. I also went with the 54" shaft, which is what I had on the other motor. I probably should have bought the longer shaft but quite frankly when the water gets so rough that the motor comes out of the water, it's time to get off of the water. I really never had these issues with the original motor.

Several years ago I was fishing with a friend who had a "co-pilot" Minnkota. While he was parking the trailer I pushed the boat off and controlled it from the dock. You should have seen the looks from the other boaters when they saw the boat moving around without someone in it. It was FUNNY!!!

When I bought my new i-pilot I asked the dealer what, if anything, he would give me for the old motor and foot pedal. He is in the business of selling trolling motors but he also sells new and used boats and I would have been satified with $100. He didn't want my motor so I brought it home with me. The motor was 12 years old and the main control cable was cracked in several places. I asked one of my friends if he wanted the motor and he took it. Less than a week later he called me and wanted to know when he could drop off the money he had made by selling the motor online. He sold it for $275!!!! I was pretty surprised to say the least. My friend has a much larger and nicer boat than I do and he saw an opportunity to make me a little money by selling the motor. I told him to take the money and spend it on something that his daughters would like. He was happy and I was pleased to give him the money. After all he did all of the work selling the motor.

Mike

You will grow to enjoy spot lock. It's the most used item on my boat. I rarely carry an anchor since adding spot lock, then again I rarely bobber fish but since adding spot lock I have used it to bobber fish for hours without an anchor.

Several years ago I was fishing with a friend who had a "co-pilot" Minnkota. While he was parking the trailer I pushed the boat off and controlled it from the dock. You should have seen the looks from the other boaters when they saw the boat moving around without someone in it. It was FUNNY!!!

I've heard about people launching their boat by themselves and using the anchor button to keep the boat from getting beat up against the dock.......while they go park the truck........ shocked

Its a novel idea, but it sure would suck if she got outta range and kept going! LOL

I just might have to try it for giggles sometime smile

Thanks for the input everyone.

I think im going to save a few dollars on the troller and get the well needed new outboard. seeing the posts i got a good troller that works well but i can hardly get my boat on plane.

Thanks