• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Avery Greenhead Gear or Big Foots

Just wondering what people opinions are about the Avery Greenhead full bodies and the Bigfoots full bodies. I plan on flocking all the decoys but still deciding on which to get. Also if anyone knows of any used ones that are for sale I am looking for those too.

I don't think that you can go wrong with either. I use Higdon full bodies, but I think all are about the same. If you plan to flock all your decoys, then I would go with the GHG because they come with flocked heads. They may be a little harder to find, but they are a very good looking decoy. Finding used full bodies is hard. When someone is selling them, they are usually priced pretty close to new ones and they are sold quickly.

I was just walking through Gander the other day and those new Greenhead Gear goose decoys totally caught my eye. I don't know if I'm sold on there duck decoys yet but those full bodied geese were amazing!

I saw demos of the fully flocked GHG and they look great but I question the flocking durability on the corners of the decoys. I would almost think you have to individually store them like hardcores which would be a pain. The flocked head decoys look great with the price, but again I have not been impressed with paint wear on the duck decoys so I dont know what these will be. Big Foots are a sure buy in my book because of the softer material, the feet stay put unlike some others I have hunted with, and big foot paint is indestructable. I think I will definatly own some green head gear this fall too.

[This message has been edited by walleyewacker (edited 08-17-2004).]

I wouldnt buy more than half a dozen of these new decoys and try them for a season before you go all out... i know they have had alot of paint problems with their duck decoys- it will be interesting to see how these new goose deks hold up.
I will be buying bigfoots- its only about 50$ more for a dozen and i know %$ well that they work and will not lose paint, i run my 'foots through the ringer and ive never seen a speck of paint chipped off a bigfoot- i cant say that about ANY other decoy

[This message has been edited by Nitebiter (edited 08-23-2004).]