• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First "ride" of '13

Neighbor_guy

And that just happened... wink

Couldnt help myself, to nice of a day and I had to get it out of my system. I took the route I normaly take when I ride to work on the way home and made sure it was ice and sand free. Then checked some other roads to make sure I was good to go.

Fire it up...

image-11.jpg

Got dressed up in what my daughter calls the "black leather ninja suite" Put on the balaclava and a good hat...

image-10.jpg

Last minute check to be sure the new tabs were on her and off we went into the sunset. 42deg at the start. I have been told that in order to count as a "ride" one must travel at least 20miles. I made sure to do a few extra, 27 miles round trip, most at county road speed 50+mph. The last 5 left me wishing I had made a better choice of gloves. I did have to tip toe around some sandy areas on a road I did not scout. Got a couple of funny looks and an enthusiastic thumbs up. It felt realy good to be on two wheels again.

Not quite ready for the 39mile trip to work, or the 42mile trip back (different routes). But we have to be getting close. cool One real good thunder storm or two, and get people used to seeing bikes on the road again.

Gung-ho Matt! I just got the sled covered up for pete sakes!

The Dual Sport wouldn't be out until after Turkey hunting in two weeks. To much other stuff to get done until then! wink

Finally got warm enough up here to do some riding. 40 -45 is my low limit. Last couple days got out and did a few rides around up here. Last night was out for about 75 miles and the last leg was straight into 27 to 39 mph winds. Not the most pleasant experience grin

Yep. I've been out too, but that wind has been kicking our butts! Nice and warm, but throw in a 30-40 mph wind and it kind of takes all the fun out of it.

Don't ride with a fering, so when I'm headed into a head wind of 30 mph, and approaching 55-60 mph, I have to really grab onto the bars tight just to stay on the bike! laugh

Guess it's just a spring thing. Wait, did we have a spring this year? Went from 28 degrees Sunday morning to 78 degrees Monday afternoon!

Geesh! crazy

I have to agree, that wind was brutal yesterday.

I have begun the 2-wheeled commute season and am noticing more bikes every day. I think all of the regulars from last year were in the lot today, along with a real nice honda cafe` bike that I would love to take around the block if I could figure out who owns it. (if I lived in the metro I would add a nice cafe` racer to the mix)

At 47mpg the 42 mile one way trip to work is much better on the pocket book.

Be safe out there.