• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MANS BEST FRIEND

The other night during the Wild game, I ran out of cigs and went to the store to replenish. I returned home to find a dog lying just past my driveway on the op. side of the road by the mailbox. It had been run over and killed. It was a spaniel and appeared to be healthy....otherwise. He was still warm and steaming. It upset me greatly and I didn't sleep well that night. I want to post a message from the dog. MY OWNERS LOVED ME AND LET ME RUN FREE. NOW I'M DEAD. Get it? Let's love our pets...and keep them on a tether.....please?
TALKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Did anyone hear anything about the 3 A-Holes from Wisconsin that threw a six month old Lab-Dalmation mix out the window of a car going 80 MPH? Oh the story is horrible, I read the story on the pioneer press HSOforum. What is wrong with people? BTW The dog is doing good and is available to a good home at the Humane Society.

Matt

I've heard the humaine society has had close to 100 offers to take in the dog. Hopefully it will have a better second half of its life. It really makes you sick.

Did they shoot the guys that threw the dog out? Should have.

Saw a really friendly Britt run in front of a car while I was at a bus stop once. Guy never swerved, we carried the dog to the side of the road. Still see that dog in my mind after 14 years. I won't hunt my dogs near a road because of those fears.

While I get sick thinking of dogs getting run over, it is possible that the dog had gotten loose and wasn't normally allowed to run. I lost a dog when it got out accidentally and was hit by a car. Needless to say, I'm much more careful now, but it still could happen again. As far as the guys throwing the pup out the window, it seems so absolutely stupid, cruel and disgusting that it is hard to believe it really happened.

------------------
Erik

My best friend's black lab got hit right in front of my house when I was 10. The dog never was left to roam and just got away while playing fetch. He was about 5 years old a very nice dog. Still today, 15 years later, I get nervous to play fetch with my puppy and can still see that lab laying in our yard.
Bushwacker

A couple storys to share...Last month my girlfriend was replaceing a bulb in her taillights. She let her mothers cocker spaniel run free while so doing, the dog always stays in the yard. She needed a star wrench which she did not have. A neighbor from across the country road she lives on came over to bring her a wrench. As he walked back home and crossed the road, the dog chased after him. All the yelling in the world did not make the dog stop. Needless to say, in a split second, the dog was gone! frown.gif ...Last year at my parent's house, I went to the store. On my way I passed a house where two small children were playing in the yard with thier dog. A short 5 minutes later on the return trip, I saw the kids at the side of the road. At thier feet lay thier dog. Minutes before thier faces were filled with joy, now they were filled with tears. I can still see the look in thier eyes.....It only takes a second to lose your pets. Keep them on the leash so you will never have to say to yourself....If I only did this, it wouldn't of happened. As far as those clowns that threw the dog out the window...Hang em!!! mad.gif

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

I've only seen one dog killed by a car.....i was about 14 and we were driving out to the woods for some hunting. Yellow lab came running out of some pine trees across the street from the farm where it obviously lived. We slowed down, but the on-coming truck (full size F-150) didn't, and it got hammered. Needless to say, my younger brother and I were crying, and I'm sure it upset my dad as well. I can still rembember looking back and seeing the chunks of fur hanging in the air, with the dog seemingly looking at me with his tongue hanging out. It was obviously dead at that point, and at least it was an instantaneous death. I was too shook up to see if the truck bothered to stop by the farmhouse, but know that if someone hit my dog and kept driving as if nothing had happened, I would hunt them down and make them pay dearly. As far as the guys who threw the dog out the window, they should face the same penalty as if it were a child. Prison/mental health hospitals sound like a good place to keep them.

S.A.

A friend of mine had his Lab get away and get hit on the road. The ahole who hit it actually had the cahones to ask who was going to pay for the damage to the car. My buddies dog was still alive so he did not take the time to strangle the guy. Dog died on my buddies front seat on the way to the vet. I get real jumpy with my dog near a road.

[This message has been edited by ftripley22 (edited 01-14-2004).]