• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Remote Area Battery Charging

amateurfishing

A paddle works really well depending on the boat and is a good arm exercise, if you aren't already doing bicep curls with metal cans.

I'm with TruthWalleyes though. You can fish quite well without running much for electronics. There's also something called an angler that most fisherman seem to avoid using, instead using their trolling motors. My advice is to use the gas motor, drift, and anchor. Use the depth finder to find spots and then turn it off, or just rely on visual clues such as points, cliff walls, etc. to identify lake structure.

Between 5 and 10 amps would be a typical stereo found in a boat. So yes, 10 amps is not out of the question.

Most solar panels would only generate under 3.3 amps. So, if you are running a trolling motor, gps and radio for an hour, that would probably take you days of non-use of those items to get the battery back to full charge.

Granted while they are in use it would be slowing the draw down, its really not going to keep up or anything like that. The only real solutions are to cut back on what you are using, haul more batteries or a generator.

i have 1 starter battery & 1 troller battery. starter battery has 597 HB series on it as well as exteremely few other lights like navigation etc. no radio or other misc. i just realized today wife is planning a camping trip to father hennepin and all of sudden wants to plan more but i have no way of recharging my batteries between water trips throughout the weekend. not sure (but i doubt) i could go fri/sat/sun boat runs without recharging. would not be all day every day as would want to find small bays/calm water at times for kids to fish for pannies & anchor if possible but just trying to be prepared if the situation presents itself.

You shouldn't have to worry about your starting battery, unless you run aerator all day or radio without running the big motor. Just go for boat ride and charge it back up smile

Heck, bring an extra battery and use TM sparingly, should get you through the weekend. Have fun, just don't drain the starter batt!

You shouldn't have to worry about your starting battery, unless you run aerator all day or radio without running the big motor. Just go for boat ride and charge it back up smile

Heck, bring an extra battery and use TM sparingly, should get you through the weekend. Have fun, just don't drain the starter batt!

i really dont see this being an issue as i have been out back to back days with barely 1/3 of starter battery used, i guess trolling would be biggest concern but as some have said maybe i can think a little bit and boat "smart" use wind/current to advantage.

dont really want to get into additional battery or generator as trying to put all of my eggs in 1 basket for ipilot terrova this year or next. found out last year hard way my 1984 28lb. thrust troller is POS on water like ML

Lol. We already provided the options.

Generator, or more batteries.

Also, those cell phones have an off button.

If your running your tm above half, you can probably use your main motor, unless of course your tm is underpowered for the size of boat, which a 28#would be for anything bigger than 14ft.

Lol. We already provided the options.

Generator, or more batteries.

Also, those cell phones have an off button.

If your running your tm above half, you can probably use your main motor, unless of course your tm is underpowered for the size of boat, which a 28#would be for anything bigger than 14ft.

yes, my boat is 16 ft. i do appreciate the help and options given, maybe a run to batteries plus for a cheap backup be the ticket.

thx again for ideas & info