• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Small Stream Browns Come In Many Colors

Driftless

Quote:
brown06_zps4dbab9f8.jpg

This is my least favorite color... Luckily I rarely if ever see it myself... Often this coloration is the result of slow hook sets... resulting in a deeper hook set that harms the fishes internal organs... and more often than not resulting in death

This is my least favorite color... Luckily I rarely if ever see it myself... Often this coloration is the result of slow hook sets... resulting in a deeper hook set that harms the fishes internal organs... and more often than not resulting in death

X2 on this one.

Never like to see that with trouts...

I do not fish for sport alone. I fish to eat trout some of the time. I will not injure any living creature for sport alone. I consider it unethical. To each their own.

Yes you are correct...this one was bleeding and went home with me. I am NOT a strict catch and release angler. It tasted great on my grill that night.

I am sure it tasted great. Trout taste excellent. I eat trout sometimes too! Mostly out of driftless streams since the NW Wisco Freestones aren't doing as well as they could be for various reasons.

I prefer to see pics of trouts that aren't that particular color pattern though.

I am sure it tasted great. Trout taste excellent. I eat trout sometimes too! Mostly out of driftless streams since the NW Wisco Freestones aren't doing as well as they could be for various reasons.

I prefer to see pics of trouts that aren't that particular color pattern though.

we all do but it is part of getting the fish to bite. The sharp hook could cause injury. It goes with the territory.

we all do but it is part of getting the fish to bite. The sharp hook could cause injury. It goes with the territory.

Which is why I either don't take pics of bloody fish, or I make sure that I don't post them online...

in a series highlighting the many colors of trouts...

showing their beauty...

not necessarily a great idea to show off the SW WI "Cutty."

i disagree.

why stick your head in the sand and pretend that some of them caught and released don't die. Lots do and more folks should realize that.

Lactic acid build up kills lots of trout also. No blood shown there.

Fishing involves sharp objects.

i disagree.

why stick your head in the sand and pretend that some of them caught and released don't die. Lots do and more folks should realize that.

Lactic acid build up kills lots of trout also. No blood shown there.

Fishing involves sharp objects.

Not sure a "small stream browns come in many colors" thread is one where I'd expect to find a discussion on delayed mortality. Might be a decent enough topic though, as there are ways to tell the condition of a trout that have nothing to do with if it's bleeding or not.

It's not a head in the sand thing LHarris, it's simply the fact that I like looking at trout pics without blood on the trout. Even if I know they are going to be eaten later...

Quote:
We're looking for fish pictures in good taste that encourage selective harvest principles so the dead fish rule is as follows: Fish pictures must be in the natural environment where the fish is caught that do not look frozen, stiff, bloodied or look like they were just poured out of a bucket and no stringer or fish in a bucket pics. Fish Mount and live release tournament pictures are ok as well. All other dead fish pictures are not allowed.

bdbced38.jpg

brown06_zps4dbab9f8.jpg