• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who's Shooting 3D's?

DonBo

Not me. I wish I enjoyed competitive archery, but I don't. Heck, I don't even own a bow right now! Mine should show up in a couple weeks, so hopefully I'll have it up and running by mid-March.

I know there was a big shoot in Fargo a couple weeks ago. Huntfish, how the shoot go?

Wife and I have shot 2 already this year.

One in January and February, our club has another one in March.

Don, I am really hoping to take the March one at Chilakoots in.

The one you are hosting in June looks like a ton of fun and has been put high on the schedule.

I really enjoy shooting, almost as much as hunting.....almost wink

Scoot, rethink 3D shoots. There's RARELY any "competative" in it. Most clubs don't even collect or post scores. It's just you and a couple goods friends walking through the woods, shooting arrows at really cool looking 3D targets.

No better practice for the upcoming hunting seasons than this.

DonBo,

Was your shoot at the range just north of the freeway, by Fleet Farm?? I went to college in Menomonie and took "Bowhunting" as my phy-ed class freshman year. We shot at that range all semester, and then got to go hunting for class a couple of times. I joined the archery club, and looked forward to them opening up the 3D range each fall. My buddies and I had a blast tromping around through the woods shooting at all the foam critters out there. What a blast!

I'll never forget our final test in that class. I did worse than I thought. It was filled with all types of subjective questions. The one that sticks out in my mind was "Which is best for hunting? A. Recurve Bow B. Long Bow C. Compound Bow or D. None of the above" I answered D None of the above and got it wrong! Ha ha...I guess I should have just been happy such a great class was offered. My other phy ed credit was Scuba Diving. Gotta love Wisconsin!

Yep, that's where we shot this last weekend. It's the first time I've been to that range.

We shoot a lot in Wisconsin. Next week in Amery. The following week, Prairie Farm. Look at the "Indianhead Archery League" schedule.

Interesting. I might want to go to some of those now that Mille Lacs ice fishing is done. Are they open to the public--meaning, just show up and pay, and go?

I found the HSOforum. It looks like they don't have direction links to the clubs in Amery, French Lake, Hudson, or Prairie Farm.

Any chance to get to Wisconsin and buy some New Glarus at the gas station is a win for me.

Brad, yep, all advertised are open to the public. This is how most clubs earn the cash they need to stay open. Some clubs are so small they don't have their own HSOforum, but a simple phone call will get you directions.

Planning on Prairie Farm this weekend, let me know...

Faribault Archery Club is hosting an indoor shoot this weekend March 9th & 10th.

This is a 3D shoot, right? How many targets, and what distance can you shoot indoors?

The Indoor 3D shoot this coming weekend March 9th & 10th.

Saturday from 9am-5pm, kids only from 9am-noon

Sunday from 8am-3pm

There is 12 stations where you will shoot at 3 targets from each (36 total), of those 36 that include shots at 3 pop up targets, 3 motion targets and a spinning turkey.

Plus a "bonus" station where you can score up to 30 bonus points or come away taking -10 from your scorecard and a broken arrow, this is optional, but always a challenge and tempting. grin

Shots taken are from about 5 yards out to just under 30.

Price is $10 for adults and FREE for kids 17 and under (1st round only) then the kiddos have to pay $5 for any additional rounds they want to shoot.

Don,

I might just try to make it out in the coming month or two. Maybe Saturday. How many targets do the smaller Wisconsin ranges typically put out?

Most all 3D's are 30 targets, one arrow each.

Right now I am planning a trip to Chilakoot for their 3D next weekend.

I am unsure if my wife and daughter will be tagging along or not, but if not.

Anybody want to tag along?

I am driving up from the south of the cities about 40 minutes.

Hoping the weather somewhat cooperates.

I shot Prairie Farm this morning--nice course. I brought the wrong boots and the snowy hills were tough to negotiate, but it was fun anyway. There were a number of shots with branches in the way (intentionally) that were challenging. When the snow melts there are two pink fletched arrows to find--one that deflected off a twig, the other a low shot (not part of the course) that we took at 108 yards in a cross wind.

We shot Prairie Farm also. Don't believe the brush was intentional, just not much effort when into setting up the course, I don't think.

First time I've been to this club. Nice piece of property.

Chilakoot next weekend.

Not sure about the brush, I guess. There were holes to shoot through and it made it kind of fun. I might make the trek out to Menomonie on Saturday, and definitely will shoot Chilakoot on Sunday. Two chances to pick up some more Spotted Cow!

You did, Don. It was dark though. We'll have to meet up at one of the shoots.

Well I certainly will be at Chilakoot this Sunday. Let me know when you think you'll get there and maybe we can shoot together. PM me if you want.