• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey Marine Man-
I still haven't found the ultimate waterfowl gloves that can be used for shooting, picking up dekes and aclling so I have several different pairs to get me through the day. I usually wear some polarfleece mittens that flip over into fingerless gloves for shooting and calling I also have a polarfleece muff that mounts around my waist to keep my hands warm while waiting and then a pair of heavy duty waterfproof ones for picking up dekes, by the end of the day all of my gloves are usually soaked but my hands are still warm if kept protected. Hope this helps good luck and good hunting!
redhooks

The polar fleece muff works well, I put a disposable heater in mine for both duck and deer hunting. I also wear plain wool gloves,
they stay warm even when wet. For picking decoys I use a Neoprene glove with short cuffs by Mad Dog that I got at FF.

I'll second the idea of having the neoprene gloves available for decoy pickup, what a hand saver!!! The short ones are fairly cheap and if you watch the sales you can even pick up a pair of the elbow length ones. I also like the disposal handwarmers in my pocket or in my gloves. For late season cold weather, I have a pair of deer skin leather lined with cuffs that keep me warm in combo with the disposable heater inside the glove.