• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Otter Seat And Mounting Question.......

Majestic

I just purchased a new crosslink rail system and the new Otter seats. The way it mounts to the seat bracket is different then my buddies that is a couple years old. Directly under his seat is about a 3-4 inch thick chunk of plastic that his slides on. My new ones slide on a metal bracket.

His seat can't slide completely off because it stops a couple inches before doing so, I can get mine to slide right off. Is this normal or do I have to try to tighten the brackets even more? It seems I have them pushed in as far as they can go though, maybe it's a 2 person job, one person push in like no other while the other guy tightens the bolts.

Anyway, who has this new metal bracket system and can you push/pull your seats right off the plastic slides?

Quote:
I just bought a new otter this year and mine does the same. They are made to slide off for easy storage of them.

+1

With that said, where did you guys mount the metal rail in relation to the sled? Flush? Slightly below? I've got the top of the bracket flush with the top of the sled and it seems like the seats are a tad high and unbalanced - like you're going to slide forward almost. And if you have the seats forward, the sled wants to tip over. This is on the cabin. Any similar experiences or remedies out there?

Thanks guys, I must have done it right then but I didn't think you'd want your seat to be able to slide off.

The bracket should sit 1/2" below the sled.

I went to their HSOforum drilled holes like they said, opened the seats and seen they had updated instructions, before it said flush now it says 1/2" below. The top hole of the brackets should be about 1 1/4 inch down from the top of the sled, the directions on their site said 7/8 of an inch down.

The cabin sled is super tippy IME, especially since the crosslink bar isn't dead center of the sled but more foward. Lowering the brackets should help though.

You are not the first to experience the feeling like your sliding off when sitting on the seats with the crosslink system. I liked the idea but hate how high you sit and the fact that you are leaning forward. I would think a person's back would pay the price. I went to the older aluminum brackets and mounted my new seats on them. Anyone looking for a crosslink system minus the seats shoot me a pm.