• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
BehindtheHead

spear house improvement heating idea

ok i have a problem in my fish house. its to hot even at 0 with the heater on low as it goes. its just a simple tube burner heater that you have to light with a lighter.

my idea is to put a 12 volt gas valve on the heater with a thermostat to kick the heater on and off. i will need to put a standing pilot and a thermocupler in the heater so when the thermostat calls for heat (gas) it will light the burner.

i have a 12 volt batery in the house already to run a fan and lights so power is already there. i was thinking a solar panel trickle charger would be good so i didnt have to take the battery home every day.

there are lots of sharp minds on the forum. would just like to bounce this idea of of them. any problems, better ideas.

o ya i have all the parts for a thermocopler and standing pilot. i just need the gas valve that can be spendy but i havent found the right one yet.

Merk put the heater out of a camper in his and I think it works great for him but he probably will chime in on that one.

I went to the old wood stove this year, but when I had a the gas stove I had thoughts of just putting a electroic igniter over the burner (like the ones on a grill)so all you wood have to do is lick it to fire it up.

I'm not telling you to do this....

anything involving gas should be done by professionals.

plain and simple don't do this.

we did this with a pig cooker... we took the guts out of a gas oven.

Hooked them up to a custom burner and it works great.

I have a heater from a pop up camper in my spear Shack.

I get 50 hours of runtime out of 1 marine battery charge.

that easily goes 3 days and that runs a large blower fan.

It is great, same temp on the floor as it is on the ceiling.

The fan is louder than a buddy heater though.

for 50 bucks you can get a used 1 of those

if you get the right gas valve it does not require electricity...the thermocouple provides power to the gas valve.... the gas fireplace in my house works like this with no external power required.

Maybe a small used gas fireplace your ticket... snuggle up to the fire while your spearing... smile

If you have 12 volt power available... look into electronic ignition you don't have to worry about the pilot light going out when you're not there.

once again not really something to mess with since there are options out there that will do what you're looking to do without having to risk your life (or others) with research and development whistlewinksmile

I'm not telling you to do this....

anything involving gas should be done by professionals.

plain and simple don't do this.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Next up was cutting all the 2”x1” tubing. My brother picked up this little bandsaw off hsolist that worked pretty well. Using sketch up was great, everything could be laid out and you knew exactly what length to cut everything.    Once everything was cut we started welding it up. Built each wall on saw horses and once we got to the last wall we finally had a system down, go figure.    once we got all the walls made we leveled out the frame. Had to add a bunch of weight to the back to try and get it flat. This is where I wish we had a flat driveway. After we got everything good and level we started welding the walls to the frame and to each other.    The next day was the roof. From looking at other builds I thought people were just running one piece of tubing across and just attaching to the two sides but as we found out that does not work. We tried that and the top of each side wall had way to much of a wavy look. Closer look at other builds looks like people made the roof the same as the walls on some saw horses so everything was square and then set it in between all the outer walls. We ended up doing something similar but we turned the inside roof length piece on its side so it was more of a strong back which minimized any waviness of the tubing. 
    • We were "missing" a few pieces of chicken between the time we took them out of the smoker and put them on the grill with the BBQ sauce. They vanished, I swear!
    • Figured I would post me and my brothers build on here since this is where I got most of the information from. Thanks to lipripper for posting his builds and answering questions. I pretty much based the house off of his with a couple of my own tweaks. Im not sure how pictures are posted on this it’s looking like they will all be at the end of my post so maybe I’ll start with one post then keep adding to it so the pictures stay in some order ( I was bad at taking pictures so I probably missed some stuff) So here we go...   The frame is a Berkon 21’ with a 4’ V galvanized. We called berkon and the guy said they had one frame left and it was $700 cheaper than normal price since they were changing something for ice castle so we put money down to hold it then he called and said ice castle needed it but they were going to make us a new one (this was the start of our struggles). Which actually worked out nice since we could move some bracing around and move the hydraulic pump to a different spot. We had them move the back center brace so we could have 3 holes between our couches similar to papabear. We  thought about doing aluminum but the guy at berkon said the weight savings would only be about 700 lbs and I personally don’t like how aluminum seems to get brittle in the cold.  Prior to getting the frame I tried to order as much stuff as I could think of like others have said to do but since this was our first fish house I wasn’t 100% sure on everything. I used google sketch to layout the studs and the windows. Hoping everything would work out as planned. 
    • Spring only for me, when Orioles first return. Mine never get hit much. 
    • Not sure if somebody put a lot of time in to make this or if it was something Arctic Cat made. I could see someone pulling this around Hay Days.Thought it was just to cool to pass up. 
    • Whatever trades they might make won’t be to make a run. It’s going to be to rebuild. I guess there’s still some interest in Dozier from a couple teams, but otherwise, we don’t have much trade value in anyone. I’m just still hoping we finish .500.
    • The popular speculation is that the lakers are taking this season “off”, and waiting until next year to sign a big name or 2, one of which could be Butler. Personally, I don’t think there’s any chance Butler re signs with the wolves (he already turned down the first offer), as long as Wiggins remains on the team! And at this point, Wiggins is untradable. 
    • do agree, like your thoughts...
    • Yeah, none of the recipes say to pre-cook the potatoes but I think I might do it next time or else just open the packets and throw the shrimp in at the end. I was surprised though that the shrimp was good and didn't seem too over cooked. I think the key is to make sure to use raw shrimp not pre-cooked.
    • A lot of talk about a lot of nothing...until it is actually something! 🤔😏  As long as Thibs is here I believe that Jimmy has  chance to stay.  If Jimmy were to leave I would be surprised if he stayed in the west but if he did matching him up with LAbron would be a tough duo to build around.