• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Humminbird ice 45

thatsawalleye

I bought the 45 when it first came out, only problems have been 1) I had trouble one time with losing my jig, couldn't get it on the screen, ( no current) but just never happened again, 2) turned it off but it kept running, only happened once 3) charger went bad after 1.5 yrs of light use, cut the wires and retired without the two stage light thing now it is fine 4) I don't maintain my batteries, I say I will every summer but that is all my fault, but just this last time out it doesn't register the battery level right, read 0% for a couple hours and was still running fine!?!?

Overall, I like it better than my fl-8, better screen, zoom, all the pros out weigh the few problems in 3 years, I thought about buying a 35 to replace my fl-8, should be happy with yours, nothing chronic with mine!

Just bought the 45 this fall and love it. The zoom feature is awesome and so is the duel beam. Fished in a hub style house this past weekend with a lx-3 and a fl-18 and had absolutely now interference! Plus I was able to get mine for under $300 online with the $45 mail in rebate.

I have had a 45 for a couple years now and I love it. Far better than the old FL-8 that it replaced (still have the fl8 for a backup and when I take a friend with that has no fishfinder).

There really isn't anything I can complain about it honestly. Usually I go for the top of the line but the only thing the had that I found of any interest was that you could change the dial to blue. I have a hard time seeing blue and making it pop (it all blurs together for some reason) so I just stuck with the 45.

The support cable thing didn't even make it to the lake, I took that off when I pulled it out of the box. Other than that no problems to speak of. I guess I broke the Humminbird charger and still had a Vexilar one so I just use that. My own fault there though.

When using small lures in deep water I just zoom in to where I am fishing and it picks up the lures just fine. It seems like the target separation is really good when your zoomed in. It also seems to help to adjust the transducer beam to the right setting. If I am in less than 30' I leave it at the wider angle. Deeper than that I narrow it up.

The interference issue is also great. I have yet to have a single problem when fishing around other stuff. Really nice compared to the Vexilar in that scenario.

Not sure as to the durability factor but in three years of owning it I have had no problems. Usually if something is going to let go it would have by now.

Depends on water clarity and size of jig. Smaller jig means more gain bigger jig less gain. The times i have used my brothers it been easy to see a size 12 jig with the gain around 30. This was in pretty clean water. I could see the jig 5.5-6 foot down

Looks like I'm going to be the first nay sayer. I had a 45 last year and really didnt care for it. I fished on lake of the woods with 2 other vex and another bird and it was nothing but interference. We tried every setting and beam and combination and it didn't help. Also there was a constant flickering on the bottom which i thought was maybe just the soft bottom. However the flickering on the bottom continued with I fished around home on a rocky bottom. I brought it back and the guy told me he would upgrade me to the 55 for an extra 30 bucks so I took it and fished with it a couple times this year and had the same problems. It was frustrating to I sold it and am currently on the search for my next one. Have an fl-8 and probably going to try marcum either lx-5 or 6, whenever I make up my mind.

Looks like I'm going to be the first nay sayer. I had a 45 last year and really didnt care for it. I fished on lake of the woods with 2 other vex and another bird and it was nothing but interference. We tried every setting and beam and combination and it didn't help. Also there was a constant flickering on the bottom which i thought was maybe just the soft bottom. However the flickering on the bottom continued with I fished around home on a rocky bottom. I brought it back and the guy told me he would upgrade me to the 55 for an extra 30 bucks so I took it and fished with it a couple times this year and had the same problems. It was frustrating to I sold it and am currently on the search for my next one. Have an fl-8 and probably going to try marcum either lx-5 or 6, whenever I make up my mind.

Ice 55 owner for the last 3-4 yrs. No problems. Could this be user error? Although many conditions can affect such its also very possible the unit and transducer you had gone bad.

Maybe it was user error. Another reason that prompted me to sell was 2 of my buddies have had 55's for quite a while now and they both have had their flashers quit on them this season. Same problems with both. All of this put together made me want to sell. I hope every one else has a better experience.

A guy at work bought a 45 a few weeks ago and my brother asked him today what kind of flasher he bought (because my brother knows he doesn't even know what he bought)and he replied fl-45 lol.. It was pretty funny and he was trying to tell me his buddy has a ice 65...Anyway he likes the 45, but I don't think he knows what to look for in a flasher so idk if his review is worth considering lol...