• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Zero Dark Thirty

ThunderLund78

Starting a thread for reviews and opinions of this movie for everyone. I saw it yesterday and thought it was Phenomenal. Bigelow knows how to make a film. Definitely worthy of Picture of the Year. Acting was superb and the interrogation scenes were incredibly intense. Even though you know the outcome, I was shaking in my seat though the entire raid. Incredible attention to detail throughout, best experience I've had in a Theater in a long time.

Get the impression that there's an underlying message that we're worse off (from an intelligence gathering perspective) now that "enhanced methods" are no longer allowed.

It was a longer movie but I didn't feel it got drawn out, they crammed A LOT into 2-1/2 hrs. I would've sat through another 30 min if they would've examined how the SEALs relentlessly trained for months. It kind of looks like they just got word and went in. But in the end, it's not about them, it's about the CIA. If it were a fictional plot, I could see how it wouldn't translate well. But because it tries to tell a real-life story as close as it possibly can, I think each scene has purpose and insight.

thunder.....if you want to see how these seals train.... i read american sniper by chris kyle and seal team 6 by howard wadsworth....they'll tell ya all about it. I COULD not put them books down.

Thanks for the suggestions Smurfy! I read "No Easy Day" and enjoyed it. Didn't really see the hype around possibly revealing secrets and tactics. There was nothing in there that we didn't hear about on the news or see on Discovery Channel. But I can see how the SEAL community would be upset just about the fact that their business is even being talked about.

I thought it was an awesome movie and told the story well. The time of the movie goes by fast! Yes its 2 1/2 hours but it whips by, the opening in the dark is powerful and brings back the emotions of 9/11.

Agree,

Much easier to accept the scene that follows after having to listen to hopeless 911 calls from people getting burned alive.

Esquire has a story out today with an interview with the ST6 member who is supposedly the actual person who took out OBL. Good read.

I haven't seen the movie yet but it'd be interesting to see how the two stories stack up against one another.

The raid had a lot of similarities with the book "No Easy Day." To the average guy like me (and I would think most people reading this) the raid looked flawlessly executed on film. But they have a former SEAL on KFAN from time-to-time and he said the tactics they used when clearing the compound room-by-room were not portrayed well--smaller things like how the guns are held, muzzle discipline, banter between the men, etc.

Still a heck of a flick.