• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
LeeKen

Winter birds and the front yard

A wintry view from my porch.

full-23190-28878-img_0152.jpg

Pine Grosbeaks feeding in a spruce.

full-23190-28879-img_0271.jpg

full-23190-28880-img_0305.jpg

Common Redpoll

full-23190-28881-img_0387.jpg

Black-capped Chickadee

full-23190-28882-img_0515.jpg

I took this Redpoll picture in low light but it appeared too dark. I tried to help it with some HDR work. Is it too much?

full-23190-28883-rpw.jpg

Very nice stuff. You should be happy with these shots, although by the look on your face in your avitar, you think there's room for improvement?

Some nice work! Compare your last redpoll shot to your first posted redpoll shot and you will answer your own question. smile

Some nice work! Compare your last redpoll shot to your first posted redpoll shot and you will answer your own question. smile

+1.

Sometimes, a guy has to let one hit the cutting room floor.

I dig that first redpoll image. Great perch/setting for the species.

Both redpolls (same bird?) are handsome, handsome males!

Thanks all for the feedback. I guess I knew that the second redpoll was overdone. I liked the pose and perch too much to just toss it. It looks better on my large monitor than on my laptop. I really should calibrate the two screens, they are noticeably different. Still,too much processing.

Shawn- the two images are from different days, but the same tree. We have more Redpolls than I have ever seen. Lot's of choices for good looking birds. Add the Pine Grosbeaks and Shrikes that I've never had before and it has made for a nice winter of birding.

They are so pretty you could put them in the bird forum wink. Really a lot of redpolls showing up here this year. Had 18 at the feeder yesturday. :>) I've never seen the Pine G. On the bucket list yet.