• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carp spearing?

Pikestabber77

Back in the day I speared a couple carp and MJ is right on the money those carp will put the hurt on a spear no matter how good it is. I have a couple old cast thick sucker spears that were used for spearing carp and they are all bent out of shape.

Aquafang:

we had a bunch of large carp come through last weekend while we were spearing on Lake Poinsett. One monster even came up to the decoy. I didn't think they would be interested in a fake 10 inch northern. I tried to spear one earlier this year and only mangaged to get a few very large scales. I agree with the comments about not using a quality spear on them. I am not tempting fate again. In case you want to try, we were on a large flat in the northeast corner (about 9 feet of water). The northerns have been there, but he action is not fast. Good luck.

That would be sweet! Except u are not gonna stick one 9' down effectivley. Were they on the bottom? Thought about trying Poinsett. Thats my old bowfishing stompin grounds. Went to lake area votech '89-'91. Bowfished there heavily for about the next 10 years. Let me know if u want company sometime in your spear shack!

Take care.

That would be sweet! Except u are not gonna stick one 9' down effectivley
You just need to change your arrows for deep water. We build heavy stainless arrows for the deep water. We have had to use them on a few tournaments where they were holding in the deep water. 2c

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubb...ice#Post2957633

this is a little backwoods creek i was fishing on early december on first ice yes they are hard on the spear but it is a blast i ended up getting 8 carp. the local guys were very happy to see them on the ice and not in the water anymore. i used a cheapish spear to do it