• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

iPilot Link

BartmanMN

Question

Well it looks like it is here. The iPilot Link connects your Humminbird with LakeMaster chip to your iPilot Minnkota trolling motor.

Anyone have plans to get this for the season. I'm thinking it will be the cats meow for trolling contours.

12 answers to this question

Well it looks like it is here. The iPilot Link connects your Humminbird with LakeMaster chip to your iPilot Minnkota trolling motor.

Anyone have plans to get this for the season. I'm thinking it will be the cats meow for trolling contours.

Been with HB since 08. first time for lakemaster.. Im in..

Sounds like a pretty cool idea. How much does that package set back the wallet?

Now if it could only crack a beverage and deliver it to you in the boat seat.........

John,

I plan to add it to my boat this spring. we will have to meet up and take it out for a trial run come open water season. for how I want to do it I figure I will have a minimum of $1650.00 into the upgrade($800 for the I pilot link & $700 for a finder for the bow to run it, & $150 for the compatible LM chip) but if I add a new finder to the console I would add another $1000 to that. like everyone else I think this will be the cats meow for trolliing contours. I will be building another rod this spring just for trolling once I get this.

Brad, Do you have an IPilot now//already?

I havent decided if I am going to control the Link from the bow unit, or the console... Originally, I was thinking bow, then I was convinced that the console was going to be the place, now Im not so sure, again.

Fortunately, I can move my Humminbirds back and forth depending on how I want to use it.

Casting from the bow. Im sure that it would be more convenient for it to drive from the bow unit.

Pulling rigs with the Terrova, I think it wold be easier to control from the console unit.

Time will tell..

Brad, Do you have an IPilot now//already?

I havent decided if I am going to control the Link from the bow unit, or the console... Originally, I was thinking bow, then I was convinced that the console was going to be the place, now Im not so sure, again.

Fortunately, I can move my Humminbirds back and forth depending on how I want to use it.

Casting from the bow. Im sure that it would be more convenient for it to drive from the bow unit.

Pulling rigs with the Terrova, I think it wold be easier to control from the console unit.

Time will tell..

I have the original I-Pilot with only the 3 memory capacity. last years I-Pilot went to a 6 memory capacity. new for this year will be the I pilot Link. as for location, I was going to start by putting a 788 on the bow since I plan to sit up there and just turn the seat around and face the stern while out trolling plus if I did want sit someplace else in the boat I would just run it from the remote. My overall plan is to have a 788 on the bow and a 788 DI or 798 SI on the consle and then move my current 597DI back to the flat part of the splash well for when I fish striaght off the back of the boat. then I plan to network the bow and consle together so I can run the link from either unit. I can't wait to get the whole system in place. I kind of agree when pulling rigs a console set up would be better. I plan to use the system to mostly pull cranks.

I have 788 HD DI, but non of the plugs underneath look like Ethernet.

Would a 788 be compatible with Ipilot link?

(Edit). I guess it does show Ethernet on the box. I guess one of the plugs is for that. I was looking for a RJ 45 jack.

I have 788 HD DI, but non of the plugs underneath look like Ethernet.

Would a 788 be compatible with Ipilot link?

(Edit). I guess it does show Ethernet on the box. I guess one of the plugs is for that. I was looking for a RJ 45 jack.

there is a small adapter cable that needs to be added to the 700 series for the ethernet. part # AS EC QDE (alteast that is what is listed on the Pro Fishing Supply HSOforum).