• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Doufish2

Power Pole or Talon?

Am looking at adding one or the other this spring. From what I can see, the Talon is easier to install and is electric operated, no hydraulic pumps need to be mounted. Looking for some insite from guys that have eiter one. Thanks.

Talon is cheaper and easier to install.

Buuut

I would go power pole. Have heard mixed results for Talon

I have the talon love it only thing better would be two Easy to install, takes about 2 hours by your self or an hour with someone helping holds the boat great

I was agonizing over the decision myself and after talking to two people on the Minn-Kota prostaff that told me to go with Power Pole I made my decision.

The Talon's have a problem because they are telescopic and the pole retreats back in to the unit. As a result, you are introducing mud in to the unit. Once the mud hardens they stop working. I know at least one other Minn-Kota pro staffer that spent a good part of the summer with both of his Talon's in for service.

Although you do have to find the space to mount the pumps the Power Pole gets my nod.

Doufish2 I have been using my dual Talons all of 2012 and have had no issues, the new brackets are amazing and they truly are easy to install. I love how quick they are when deploying and cannot imagine not having them. Truly something that has enabled me to become a better Bass angler fur sure. You are welcome to get in touch with me if you wanted to discuss more offline. Bottom line is simple installation, faster, I believe hold better and customer service equal to none, if you ever did have an issue.

I have two Talon's on my Ranger. I have had them for 2 years now. Used them on the river in current, sand, rock, mud and wind. Never had a issue. Work flawless. I have used the Talon's on all sorts of lakes in Mn to Kentucky. Never have I had a issue. Leech lake has some sticky mud. They pull up every time and deploy every time.

Very easy to install, easy to use.I would get the quick release brackets and wiring harness. If you want to remove them for any reason, it will only take about a minute.

Two thumbs up!!

I had a single Talon for a year and a half and had to be brought in twice for repairs. Ran dual Power Poles in my new boat for about half of last years season with no issues. I installed the Talon myself and it was an easy install which was a big part of the reason to go with MinnKota but after looking at the PP install it would be no biggie other than having to deal with foot controls on front of boat and one under console. At this point if I would do it again I would go with the Power Poles but that's my opinion.