• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

05' Silverado

Some of you might have seen other posts by me asking about my 02' F150. I am always in the "market" for a new vehicle just funds seem to never be there I found a 05 Silverado crew with the 5.3 engine. Really like the truck and the price but it has 160k miles on it. Said he’s ever had a problem with either one just had the tranny flushed and the guy said "it’s the cleanest I have seen for this year of a truck" also he has always used synthetic oil in it. I am just wondering if I am looking for problems with buying this vehicle? Do miles scare you away from vehicles?

FWIW, my stepson has this truck. The only issues that I know of he has had are the instrument cluster went out (common in those years, my 05 Trailblazer did same) and he has a funky clunk in his steering. His buddy/mechanic said it is not dangerous, and just need to find an afternoon with a case of beer to fix it smile Not sure what it is.

Otherwise it has been good to him, probably about 120ish on his, give or take. Uses it more for passenger car than truck, but it has been to NoDak duck hunting and thus "mudding" more than a couple times in the fields... Good luck.

he has a funky clunk in his steering. His buddy/mechanic said it is not dangerous, and just need to find an afternoon with a case of beer to fix it smile Not sure what it is.

More than likely an intermediate steering shaft. (They are about 85 bucks at Napa)

The 4L60E is the tranny in that truck. They are garbage and if it hasn't been rebuilt already it's on borrowed time. Just got rid of my 2004 about a month ago and replaced it with a Tundra. What a difference.