• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Foot Warmers

BronzeBrother

the amount of money you would have spent on buying footwarmers everytime, get some nice boots and look for killer deals. I got me a pair of keen brixens for $35 originally $120! That paird with wool socks keeps my feet warm all day long!

"A few years back people were even cutting pieces of reflectix and using that as an insole."

I always wondered if this actually helped.

I do this.

Here is my system:

My feet always have gotten cold. I came to realize that at least half the problem was circulation.

I bought a pair of cheap sorel knock offs at Walmart for about 40 bucks. They were at least 2-3 sizes bigger than my normal boot size.

I got some thin wicking type smart wool socks (about 10 bucks) and some thick smart wool boot socks (probably 15 bucks) from REI.

I cut some reflectix and put under the liner, then another inside the liner of each boot.

My feet have never been cold since.

I can wiggle by toes, and have discovered that this circulation, along with keeping your feet dry, are the keys.

I run and gun a lot, so I am aware that this also is a factor in keeping the blood flowing down there, but I have also sat on the ice for 3-4 hours without moving and never got cold feet.