• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flasher jumping

mbani

Got out for the first time this season and my lx3tc was acting up. The bottom and fish were moving between one and four feet. The display would not hold still. The unit is two years old and never a problem before. Does anyone know what can cause this or a possible solution?

I would contact Marcum and talk to a tech. I believe that you can send it to them and they can clean internally. Your unit is still fairly new, you should not have that problem. Make sure you battery is good, I buy a new battery every other year. Hope that helps. Good fishing!!

Sounds like it could have been just about anything.

Time to start troubleshooting.

Battery, different battery?

Connections?

Different location?

Different ducer depths?

Different ducer, if you can borrow one?

Customer service call before spending any money.

Little more info. Battery was dead when I got out, would not hold a charge. Threw a one year old battery from another flasher on it. Connections appear good.

Was fishing a deep basin and fished nearly 20 holes so its not depth change or a large rock.

I will try a new battery and see what happens. From there it's talk to marcum. Thanks for the info.

I noticed the other day my VX-1 was doing close to the same thing, but the entire display would rotate by a foot or two. Really wasn't too big of a deal, but really made me think I was losing my mind after staring at the thing rotate every once in a while

If it's not the battery it's a timing issue, Marcum will fix you up quick, fast and in a hurry....

Esox hit the nail on the head. I had an LX-3TC that did this as did one of my friends last winter. My suggestion, bring your marcum directly to them and they will have you fixed up and on the road in a few minutes. BTW since you avoided shipping expenses by taking it to them they normally do this fix for free. Not to mention shipping takes too long when the season is under way.