• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Set up

GSP4ME

Ok we got the new auger for Christmas and now are looking at two man portables, what are the groups thoughts? I am interested in the two man flip over style and have been hearing good things about the thermal ones. Ideas, reccomendations and actual owners all are welcome/ I want to get one that will last for a while and keep us comfortable.

Nothing wrong with my otter cabin with a thermal top, I'm really tough on stuff and it lasted last season with no issues. Love thus house the thermal top means no condensation above you and less money to spend on propane.

I put otter rod holders in, a clam battery tray for the two strips of led lights and a large clam organizer. Also have installed the hyfax kit.

I have also modified the back of the seat to hold a couple combos and the bottom of the seat gas a couple clips to. Hold tip ups

The house can fish 3 ( its tight) I have the bench.

It fishes 2 very nice.

It fishes alone a little big, (125lbs loaded)

I like the Canvas Craft and Otter houses. I have a CC but is set up with Otter seats and caddy. A buddy bought a Clam TCX voyager, it is ok but just not for me. They add a wrench and screwdriver with the house if that is any indication. You get what you pay for and they will all catch fish and keep you warm.

My vote would be a Pro Series fully thermal Otter "Lodge" (Blue Camo). The Lodge sized tent is a perfect 2-man ice house.

Easier on the budget would be the Otter "Wild" series Lodge (Black Camo). This house features a thermal top and a bench seat.

Jim Carroll NPAA #13

I agree that the Otter Pro thermal Lodge would be a great two man, I just got the Pro thermal Cabin and to me it would not be a comfortable 2 man but is a roomy one man, I did not even put the second seat together for my Cabin, I'll save it as a replacement.