• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Auger cutting slow.

bassfshin24

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas of why my auger would be cutting holes slow. I put new blades on it last year. Everything seems to be working great. Usually starts on 1st or 2nd pull. I didnt see any dings in the new blades. I have to usually put quite a bit of pressure on it for it to starting cutting well.

Is there a dealer in Minnesota where a person could just take it too without having to ship it somewhere?

I brought my 10" lazer drill into D-Rock last year and they were able to fix the pitch to get it to cut again. However, I was told that it doesn't always work at sometimes it isn't always fixable. I was told that it was more common with the 10" units compared to the smaller units. I have since switched to a 8" to try and avoid this issue in the future.

I was also told that the main thing that causes this is that when you try and re-drill old holes with the lazer units, sometimes the drill gets caught and then it bends slightly and changes the pitch. (The chipper drill units are better for re-opening old holes.)

I just called one of the service centers and they do not work on the blades, they only work on the motors and transmissions.

I did call D-Rocks and they will work on the blades if the pitch is the problem. I'll probably be taking mine in tomorrow and I'll report back and what the issue was.

Thanks for the help everyone.