• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clam Basecamp And Reflectix

masoct3

Hello,

I apologize if this is repeated, as I could not find a search result best suited for my situation.

So, I have the Base Camp. I also have a 16 inch x 25 feet roll of Reflectix. I am trying desperately how to configure this near the top of the inside top.

I was thinking like duct taping with an overlap but I dont know how to have the reflectix be part of the top. Also, I do not want this a permanent ordeal unless this can all fit in the disassembly and into the carrying bag.

Would "S" hooks work? Where would I put them? Do I sew a bed sheet to hold the entire Reflectix held together? The Base Camp has the "ovalish" top roof, so putting it horizontal on the top would reduce my height (I am 6'2").

Any ideas would be much appreciated. I am just having a hard time visualizing this so I don't get condensation on me.

I appreciate all responses in advance....

Quote:
aluminum foil tape

Cut the reflectix in larges pieces that fit where you want them. Make them a little longer so the poles hold them in place. Use the aluminum foil tape and tape where needed.

It makes a world of difference. Do the back and top. That's what I did to my otter and it's so much better.

I realize you already have the reflectix but another solution is to use heavy duty emergency blankets. These will have the reflective foil on one side and a rubber type backing on the other side. The are extremely thin, flexible, and light weight.

I have used them in my Lodge for several years and they have held up well. The reflective foil is the key. You still get the heat reflection without the bulk.

space%20blanket%20red.jpg

The ones I used are distributed by Coghlans. They are 50" x 79" and weigh in at 12 oz. They have grommets all around. I have mine zip tied to the poles. They are thin so you could sow them into the house, attach velcro, glue neodymium magnets to it, or whatever else you could think of.

I checked on there sight and fleet farm should have them.

Don't use duct tape because the glue on the duct tape dries out after a year. Instead buy some industrial tape used for taping together Tyvek on buildings. This stuff works great. Bought the tape at Fleet Farm. Used that tape for building my fishouse vapor barrior. It's black in color, don't know the name of it though!

Make a piece bigger than the roof for fitting reasons. drape the piece between the roof poles. A Sharp knife to cut to size. No tape, glue or sewing needed. I have an extreme ice3 and mine still fits in the bag.

Thank you so much to all, in helping me figure this puzzle out.

I found a solution: I bought the product in the picture above at the big C and will install additional grommets for added hold. Im thinking something simple for clips, but not sure which ones yet. Maybe a walk down the hardware isle will flip a switch.

Anyone have any ideas without having to rip/cut the Base Camp?