• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Scary Hyfax removal!

leech~~

So, I'm replacing my hyfax tomorrow and I was watching a few videos on the "tube" to refresh. One video was of this guy changing his hyfax on a Yamama I think it was. He pulled the hyfax out the end of the track hole a few inchs, then started his sled and tried to walk it off the track by spinning the track! shocked

Of course it spun a little to far around and he had to back it up but I was like What the h@ll?

That could have ended Bad! crazy

Has anyone else done it like that? confused

Yes utube, but I'm not sure how to post vids? I have replaced a few of them using a side hammer through the track hole, but I'm never going to start my motor with the track loose and 55" inch's of hard plactic flying around! eek

Yes utube, but I'm not sure how to post vids? I have replaced a few of them using a side hammer through the track hole, but I'm never going to start my motor with the track loose and 55" inch's of hard plactic flying around! eek

Just checked out the video, definitely a different way to do it, up until the last sled I had, I never had reverse so it never crossed my mind but I think I'll stick with the way the polaris guy does it grin

Mike

both good videos. I do the first method, but I clamp a vise grips onto the hyfax, then with the hammer pound the old one out. I always use wd40 on the new slides. I have my new hyfax ready to be installed, tomorrows task.