• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What!!! 10 days without a post!!

hanson

Oh yeah, its still summer frown.gif But with the temps we've been having, any day now!!!

Anyone else been firing up the sled to get a fresh dose of Klotz??

(Sorry guys, I can't add!! 8 DAYS WITHOUT A POST. Once again, I'm sorry. But I'm sure with the amount of traffic here, nobody will notice wink.gif )

[This message has been edited by hanson (edited 08-20-2004).]

I think when it got that cold out my sled got a little excited. grin.gif I just wanted to pull it over and go. I cant wait for the snow to start flying.
I hope its a snowy winter this year like some people are saying its going to be.

Ahh, ice fishing and sledding, my 2 favorites in the winter time! grin.gif

------------------
And keep those hooks sharp!

Hold your horses fellas. Any snow coming in August or September won't stick around. Or will it? I live at 7000' in Wyoming and got excited today when I glanced outside and saw a pile of white next to the building, but upon closer examination it was found to be just sleet. Approaching midnight it is now 49 degrees and slowly getting colder. Still too warm for snow and we have a few months of autumn left. I'd like to see snow in the nearby 10,000-13,000' Uinta mountains but there is a 12 year old boy scout missing from a camp at 9,000' who hasn't been seen since Friday morning and wasn't prepared for any inclement weather. After his body is found (it's been near freezing nightly and raining daily)I'd love to look at the fresh snow and dream about skimming across it on my sled. It truly isn't long now as I've been sledding as early as September 5th in years past. Get your gear ready, perhaps we will actually begin having a near-normal snow year in the west and midwest again.

Kevin

There is now white stuff in them thar hills! Probably no more than a few inches and higher than 10,000' at this point, but it's sweet to see when we've had such hot, dry summers for so many years. Fear not, flatlanders, snow will arrive this fall.

dew, I still have a domestic problem but have decided that I can no longer ignore this group of great outdoors people. I have returned to learn from others and impart what little knowledge I can. Besides, I miss the bantering of like-minded people and the unmistakable humor of Minnesotans. I haven't been Up North for the past two years now, and spent only two days near Rochester for my grandmother's funeral in February so I am trying to make up for my MN habit through this site as well as forget my troubles. It is therapeutic. Take care.

Kevin