• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where you fishing first ice for panfish

Jim Uran

Or are you going to be fishing another species?

I plan to fish in my beloved Mahnomen County until I find the hot bite! I've been staying on them this fall and they shouldn't be too hard as soon as I can get out there on the ice smile

From there I will move on to two lakes that have been untouched for a while, they crappie size should be up in both of them, and the bluegill size pretty much stays the same, a solid 8" average and chances at fish up to 10" not uncommon.

I'll be checking out a honey hole for some big sunnies. It kicked out a few real nice ones this spring and they all went back, so hopefully they are all still in there smile

Also, I've got a long list of lakes I need to hit in the Grand Rapids area. Almost limitless potential up there!

I discovered a lake in northeast central area last year that has great potential. I wasn't able to explore as much as I would have liked because the ice wasn't as thick as I would have been more comfortable with. But hopefully this year I'll be able to drill alot more holes. Didn't catch too many, but they were the biggest crappies I caught all winter.

I like hitting a small local lake and grab a limit of small (2-3#)norts. It's a good way to get the ice gear tested out "live". I always have a problem of something working in the garage, but somehow that doesn't translate every time! It's also a lake with slabs and good 'eyes. So maybe I'll fish for eyes and slabs, with northerns on the side.

I find crappies, walleyes and catfish all in the same small bay on a fair size system. Crappies durring the day, they will be suspended out in the basin over deeper water. Then fish walleyes for an hour or so around dusk, and finish up the evening with the catfish grin. Been doing it this way for quite a few years.

I find crappies, walleyes and catfish all in the same small bay on a fair size system. Crappies durring the day, they will be suspended out in the basin over deeper water. Then fish walleyes for an hour or so around dusk, and finish up the evening with the catfish grin. Been doing it this way for quite a few years.

if this is where I think it is you have a nice area there and I can't wait to get out there my self once the ice get thick enough to walk on. also don't forget the party crappies are there too. they are always fun to catch too.