• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GSP Looking For A New Home

Kyhl

Posting this for a former coworker who has decided to try to find a better home for Loki. He is higher energy than they have the time for.

I've met him a couple of times and he is a good dog. Very alert as seen in this picture. He is aware of everything that is going on around him. That is about the extent of what I know about him.

He has had very little hunting training. He has spent some time at Fly N High Kennels and Sally is familiar with him. She may have worked with him some. Point is, he is not a trained hunting dog and I've never actually worked with him. Given his level of attention and alertness, I would expect him to be trainable. IMO, I think he needs a job, a hunting job.

He's also high energy. I would say at the high end for a GSP. So he needs room to run off leash, daily.

This one would take some commitment but the price is right.

He's an average size 4 year old male that is current on vaccinations. He is a house dog.

You can find contact information for the owner on the MN GSP Rescue HSOforum.

Here is the brief description from the owners posting.

Loki is a high energy dog, he loves to play and requires A LOT of attention. He would be a great hunting dog as all the instincts are there, he has never been hunting and has not had formal hunting training. However he is a sweetheart who requires love and a place to snuggle with you. He is house broken and knows basic commands, he would be a great addition to a family that has another dog and can give him the attention he requires.

full-28138-26029-loki.jpg

Sad to see a good dog given up.

If I had a little bigger yard I'd take him in a heart beat. I have an almost 4 year old Vizsla that would love to run and play with him all day long. Problem is I don't think my St. Paul yard can handle 2 dogs with that much energy.

I hope he finds the home he deserves.

A little more info from the owner.

He's 50lbs and neutered.

I thought he was bigger. He is a little taller than my females which are also 50lbs so I assumed he was closer to 60.

Guess that makes him smaller than average. AKC lists average for male GSP's as 55-70lbs.

It was difficult for the owners to come to this decision. I'd take him if we only had one, but we don't have room for three. I have to keep reminding my wife, we don't have room for three. laugh

I may be interested.

Where is ther dog located?

We had to euthanize our Black Lab and I think our Springer isn't going to make it much further( 14yrs old).

We have 3 acres and plenty of room to run.

I'll have to clear it with the wife but I know we need a dog in the house.

Thx,

Mike

He's in Eagan.

He's used to sleeping in a dog bed in the living room.

Not sure if I can post a link but if you are interested, google 'MN GSP Rescue' The owners name and number are posted there. She would be able to answer questions directly.

If you do take him and need any help with training and or a place to board him. Let me know. I have birds, land and the ability. I dont extend it often but for a person willing to take in a rescue I will help in a hearbeat