• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

injection oil

pj4

what the latest on mixing or using different inject oil than the maufactors oils? i know for warrenty, you must use the factory oils. any one know of a study comparing the diff brands?

You don't have to use "factory oil" for your warranty.
It just has to be a TCW-III oil. I know guys that use everything from Lubrimatic bought at Walmart cheap to Klotz or Amsoil or other more expensive synthetics.
Just make sure if your sled is newer and has exhaust valves to use a synthetic. They burn cleaner and you'll get less buid up on the slides in your valves.

------------------
Good Fishin!
Crossin

crossin eyes is right you don't need to use the factory oil for warrenty purposes. All I ever use in all my 2 strokes is yamalube 2. you don't need tcw-3 (yamalube2W) in you sled. That's for out board motors and PWC's. You can run it, the sled will not run any different. besides yamalube is a synthetic oil. I've seen more power valves plug up from after market oils though. bottom line is with the advancements on todays oils you don't need to worry about if you should run the oil tank down or flush the system out. dump it in there. I mainly use yamalube 2 in the sled but in a pinch polaris, amsoil, cat, johnson, valvoline. Used pretty much all of it on the trail. That asmoil is some slick stuff and you don't burn half of what you use. In the race sleds we'd run it at 100:1 on something that usually runs at 50:1.

This may be a dumb question, but do any of you guys know if there is a difference between "marine-outboard" oil and dedicated snowmobile oil (i.e.- Bombardier, 'Cat, etc)? My riding partner was in a bind the other night and the only oil on the shelf was for marine outboard motors. We were fairly sure they were the same, and he bought it and put it in and 40 miles later he burnt up a cylinder. Now I'm sure it was just coincidental, but my curiosity got the best of me and I had to ask for your knowledge on the subject.

------------------
Steve @ Bakken's Boat Shop www.bakkensboatshop.com

TCW-3 is for use in outboard engines. It is for bio break down. Being that water runs through your exhaust on outboards. It is not needed in snowmobiles, because the exhaust is not running through the water. That's the difference. Not that you can't run outboard oil in a sled. It's probable that nothin will happen if your in a pinch. but use a good outboard oil if they have it.

------------------
ride safe, wear a helmut, stupid hurts

If you get'em serviced, wash'em first.

I know that the bombardier oil is definitely different stuff than the cat, polaris, yamaha oil. I don't exactly know what the difference is, but just looking at the bombardier oil you can see it's different. I wouldn't use anything in a ski doo motor other than bombardier oil.