• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Truck Box Organizer

Snobyrd777

In past years it seems everytime I go on a hunting or fishing trip I bring way to much stuff and in some cases not the right stuff. I struggle to keep it organized in the back of my truck. I have a topper so I can pile the stuff in, but I have seen better ways. I have seen guys who make platforms to set dog kennels, coolers, etc on. I have decided to make something like this for in the truck but I am looking for some ideas. I will need room for the dogs kennel. If anyone has made something like this before, please share and include photos. Thanks.

If I had a topper on my truck, that set up would be awesome!!!!! Any hints on how to convince my wife I need a topper on my supercrew? Of course I don't have a dog, but I would think something not quite as tall would be just as good too

P.s. is that a chicken next to the guys truck or a hawk??

full-36358-25938-77_4cc0c7242c790.jpg

This is the unit I built awhile back was able to keep a small hangon stand inside one drawer and all my clothing for hunting it was a heavy one built all usinf 3/4 plywood on top and bottom and bottom of drawer I used 2x8 for the sides and and 2x6 for the drawers to allow them to slide easier than wrapped it in carpet on the top

here is a picture from a quick google search

http://burlington.reachoo.com/asset_imag...ea2601c1f4c.jpg

I made one of those 20 years ago, wish I would have patented it. Didn't make another one, seemed like a lot of wasted space toward the back of the box, even with trap doors, that was hard to get to, you had kennels on top, etc.

My current truck has a topper with side open windows, those work nice, all my toppers from now will have them. I have built a platform across the bed of the truck that I can use as a shelf, accessable from those side windows, helps a lot.

On trips to Dakota, we have two kennels, so I put a piece of plywood across the top of the kennels. Still gets to be a full truck load and almost all of it has to come out once we get there.