• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fox and coyote hunting

theres a place in east bethel I like to go around by linwood lake and my last visit I heard howling. got me wondering if its possible to come across a fox or coyote and hunt for a fox or coyote in that area if I wanted.to or if neither one.dont come in the area. and.if I can find.either one in the area how do I.hunt them?

sorry phone is making all the typing and grammar terrible.my phone sucks

I got my first of the season this past Saturday...here's how I did it...I poured a cup of coffee...went out on the deck to have a smoke and drink my coffee...looked out in the CRP and there was a coyote, about 250 yards...got the varmint rifle, benched it on my picnic table and dumped it! Finished my coffee and smoke...then walked out and retrieved the yote and hung and skun it in the shed...varmint hunting at it's best! Now, I maybe wouldn't have noticed that yote if there wasn't still 8 inches of snow on the ground!

Oh, if you haven't got a deck to hunt off of...your best bet is to use varmint calls...you can use electronic calls...(probably best bet for a first timer), or you could pick up some hand held calls and a tape and book and learn how to use them...Play the wind, just like you would for most other types of hunting, and do your best to set up where they can't sneak to close to you from your blind side!