• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

eskimo stingray for redrilling holes?

mrpike1973

hi i got a wheel house this year and have a eskimo sting ray will this redrill holes ok with out damage to drill. or do i need to get a chipper style. i dont want a electric but thought maybe a sm magnum. weight is a huge factor for me thanks

Correct me if im wrong but I beleive Eskimo augers all come with a chipper style blade? It's mainly the Strikemaster LAZER style blade that is not recommended for re-opening holes.

i would second using amsoil saber especially if using inside.

Correct me if im wrong but I beleive Eskimo augers all come with a chipper style blade? It's mainly the Strikemaster LAZER style blade that is not recommended for re-opening holes.

i would second using amsoil saber especially if using inside.

Actually the Eskimo Quantum blades is a combo shaver/chipper blade. The blades are much more durable than shaver blades like the ones SM uses that it will cut on harsh ice conditions, even dirty/uneven ice. Its auger bit design and blades can easily reopen holes without out the need for a separate chipper blade auger bit.

For ease of cutting I often find the Eskimo blades unmatched, and their augers dont get the recognition it should. The SM chipper blades doesnt even come close. And im a SM Solo Lazer Pro owner.

Andy, I've seen aftermarket drills sold for Strikemaster and I think they list Eskimo with SM. The reason I ask is wondering if the drill is interchangable? Do they spin the same direction?

Andy, I've seen aftermarket drills sold for Strikemaster and I think they list Eskimo with SM. The reason I ask is wondering if the drill is interchangable? Do they spin the same direction?

Eskimo, Strikemaster, Nils spins clockwise. Jiffy spins counter clockwise so a universal auger drill bit is out question for Jiffy. The other 3 brands auger drill bit here wont work on the Jiffy cause of the way the blades are mounted.

You can get the Nils drill bit to adapt to the Eskimo or Strikemaster with an adapter sold from Ice Gator or fabricate one.

I believe the Strikemaster auger bit would bolt right up to the Eskimo powerhead. I recall the difference is the size of the allen collar bolt head. The bolt threading size may be the same I think? Cause of the collar bolt head size difference, you may have to use the collar bolt from SM instead of the Eskimo one when using the SM drill bit on the Eskimo power head. There may be some minimal play or balance issues. Otherwise you can drill out the hole if using the Eskimo bolt. Another way would again would be to use adapter or universal auger extension.

Eskimo has a poor HSOforum. Do they actually have both chipper blades and razors on the same drill? SM had those for a while but they discontinued them for whatever reason. I would be interested in adapting one if they do but I can't find any pictures.

Eskimo has a poor HSOforum. Do they actually have both chipper blades and razors on the same drill? SM had those for a while but they discontinued them for whatever reason. I would be interested in adapting one if they do but I can't find any pictures.

???? confused You sure went to the correct MFG HSOforum?

Again Eskimo has what they called "Quantum" blades. Its a blade design that incorporates shaver/chipper into one blade. There are 2 blades per each drill unit. SM incorporates only a 1 chipper blade per drill unit. They also have a dual step split chipper blade. Otherwise they have their shaver "Lazer" blades which is what is on my Solo Lazer Pro.