• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Diagnosis for our Subaru?

Hi all,

Hoping to get a diagnosis on our 2007 Subaru Outback. The "Check Engine" light is on (not blinking, it's solid) and the "Cruise Control" light is blinking on and off. The cruise control doesn't work.

I have done some research and it looks like it could be anything from a loose gas cap to a fuel injector problem. Any ideas before I bring it in?

Thanks!!

There are litterally hundreds of things it could be!

The best start is to have the computer scanned for trouble codes. This will narrow down the possibilities significantly.

One thing I will mention is that on several occasions I have had newer Subarus in for check engine lights with codes for cam actuators (p0071 and p0074 if I remember correctly). In all cases the oil was low by at least 3 quarts.

didn't by chance plug any connectors together under the dash. there are two connectors that look like they should be connected, but infact are for testing purposes only. sometimes these will get plugged together and can cause goofy problems that aren't really problems at all. just a thought.

There are litterally hundreds of things it could be!

The best start is to have the computer scanned for trouble codes. This will narrow down the possibilities significantly.

One thing I will mention is that on several occasions I have had newer Subarus in for check engine lights with codes for cam actuators (p0071 and p0074 if I remember correctly). In all cases the oil was low by at least 3 quarts.

Thanks for the info. I hope that's not the problem..Just had a pretty major service about 3 months ago that fixed a few things and sealed everything up. I haven't noticed any leaks since then, but we'll see. Thanks!

didn't by chance plug any connectors together under the dash. there are two connectors that look like they should be connected, but infact are for testing purposes only. sometimes these will get plugged together and can cause goofy problems that aren't really problems at all. just a thought.

Thanks! Not that we would've done, but maybe the last time we had it in they did(?) Taking her in tomorrow, so we'll see.

Thanks!